Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
I've assembled all the cases/protectors I'm aware of...
Perhaps this can go to the OP & a running commentary can be added to each item as people share their experiences?
... SNIP ...
Why not add the missing ones to the wiki, and link to that instead?

http://wiki.maemo.org/N900_Accessories

The Following User Says Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
SR90 tnx for the suggestion il try that and see if theres anti-glare, do you get fingerprints on your screen protector? and how thick is it?

Last edited by Changegames; 2010-07-28 at 23:17.

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver,Canada / Dubai,UAE
Originally Posted by Changegames View Post
SR90 tnx for the suggestion il try that and see if theres anti-glare, do you get fingerprints on your screen protector? and how thick is it?
No problem , They have a anti-glare one , the clear ones gets fingerprints on it , i don't think the anti-glare one would be prone to fingerprints , hmm , i dun know how thick but it almost levels with the bazel

The Following User Says Thank You to SR90 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by scooterx517 View Post
...the rest of the case is ok but its bulky.
Yeah but not bulky compared to most of the other options.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Others have mentioned that Otter may now include the option to have a clip installed
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...0898&p=36#r704
I've since investigated this & it's not true.
Not a "biggy" for me anyway...

I can easily add a clip (that's less intrusive & easily removable) if ever needed!
Or just go the quality pouch route.

Although I'm more tempted by the former option!
I've ordered my Otterbox, sweet!

Last edited by jalyst; 2010-07-31 at 16:16.

I just got a Clarivue, and though I was pretty impressed with the installation I must say I'm not impressed with the sensitivity to scratches in the protector..

After about a week it's very scratched.. It's by far more sensitive to scratches than the N900 display is...

Anyone recommend one of these protectors that are not this sensitive to scratches and still work well?

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ GTA Ontario
Originally Posted by Asterixnz View Post
I have the D2 EaseCase case but with the push through enclosure.
I could not be happier with it and I avoided the magnet issue with this closure.
I customised it with red inner and my initials and this closure.

Hope this helps.
Hope you're still following this thread Asterixnz?
Looks really sharp.

I just wonder how the fumble factor is with this closure, when you get a call and want to answer quickly?

Have Fun.

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Adding a new case, just went over to Best Buy to test out some cases for my new N900, and came across a belt case (horizontal) for HTC. Item# 82024LRP

It has a nice suede/type material inside that holds the N900 snugly, and the magnetic flap closes well. The sides do block the headphone jack IF you put it in right side up, flip the N900 over and the headphone jack is accessible.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Scandinavia
i have to recommend INVISIBLE-SHIELD from ZAGG.
bought mine with discount code (ZAGG20) minus 20%.
http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

the installation has to be made with great care since you can fumble it pretty easily. clean hands, clean installation place, and firm hands.

thats all you need. after 3days the film had been on, those micro-air-bubbles underneath vanished. its little stickier than the n900 original screen but it works smoothly once you get used to it.

10points for this product!

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by videohese View Post
i have to recommend INVISIBLE-SHIELD from ZAGG.
bought mine with discount code (ZAGG20) minus 20%.
http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

the installation has to be made with great care since you can fumble it pretty easily. clean hands, clean installation place, and firm hands.

thats all you need. after 3days the film had been on, those micro-air-bubbles underneath vanished. its little stickier than the n900 original screen but it works smoothly once you get used to it.

10points for this product!
I just could not get used to the "squishy" feeling it gave the screen. I always used the Zagg stuff before with my non-touchscreen devices but here something firmer is much better.

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector