One issue with dual boot is incoming SMS (less so call logs, or email via IMAP) -- since these are more like POP3 and deleted from the source once received.

If we could have a way where the SMS storage was shared it would be more viable to dual boot between the two without loosing data...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to planetf1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
it would be great if the dualboot would be perfect integrated.
same emmc and every files in maemo should be in meego too(contacts,conversations,settings,bookmarks)

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Please people please stop the Chuck Norris talk in this thread. How many times already that Chuck Norris has been mention in the PR thread? How many times he ruined it? How many time his fans gone berserk and spamming with his picture and kicked the car door then dubbed it "chuck was here". Yes it's funny but this is not a comedian thread or Hole-Li-wood action star thread.

Back on topic, PR1.3 will come when Nokia announced it. No announced no coming. Nokia usually announced it 1day before its coming out. Yay got to love the excitement rush after hearing it but end up disappointed after installed the update and found that a couple of things was fixed but at the same time a few more things became broken.. Yay love this very much. After that people starting a hate and protesting thread and demanding on this forum for fixes but little do they know that this forum cannot provides such fixes because most of the stuffs Nokia broke are Nokia proprietary stuffs.

PR1.3 will not be the savior and in my point of view, it will be another failure and let down.

Since PR1.0 TO PR1.2 none of them really fixed anything other than fixed this and broke that, and fixed that then broke this again.

Last edited by maxximuscool; 2010-10-14 at 11:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
^ chuck will be angry

The Following User Says Thank You to longcat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Puerto Rico
Originally Posted by longcat View Post
^ chuck will be angry
I'm hearing the sound of a RoundHouse Kick
http://j0hnmcclane.deviantart.com/

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
yeah, combo-breaking is considered as a serious infraction on PR threads...

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
but anyways the repository of pr 1.3 has been created..so in a month or 2 we can expect the update.. [/QUOTE]

I think we will see and update more like 2011 3rd quarter we are talking about Nokia. ding!

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
If you ask me, the maemo team is just one silly man
And he's trying to figuring out how to rename qt4.7experimental to qt4.7 (to make us believe this is new)
And he's reading some guides for making a new image called pr1.3

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
If you ask me, the maemo team is just one silly man
And he's trying to figuring out how to rename qt4.7experimental to qt4.7 (to make us believe this is new)
And he's reading some guides for making a new image called pr1.3
More likely he takes all the bugs that marked as No FIXED from all the firmwares and put it all into one package then rename it as PR1.3 then release it to the world. lol.

He would say "yes, I did it again, baby hit me one more time"

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I feel a song coming....
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Tags
bigbadidiot, chucknorris, jesus wept, mustread, paradise, umopapisdn