Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

drekkie and etuoyo did you got replace?

Originally Posted by tomislav View Post
drekkie and etuoyo did you got replace?
no not yet. I was saving my status update for the 1 month "awaiting replacement device" anniversary happening in 2 days, but why don't we celebrate early... .

edit: I wonder if I could convince Nokia to send mine back and buy me one from some other vendor (or at least cut me a check). I guess considering they never resolved triple-charging me for angry birds on OVI, and also that I still haven't received my $50 rebate from buying this thing in 2009, that I will stay the course. lol

I laugh to keep from crying.

Last edited by Drekkie; 2010-10-13 at 16:33.

Ironic Nokia, but I still like the brand.

Update from Nokia. They do not expect to get me a replacement until second week of November. They are sending me an N95 now to use while they wait a replacement. Gee thanks Nokia. How on earth was I going to manage without a five year old N95? Definitely the most useless company in the world.

Anyway for those waiting on Nokia to manufacture their replacement (surely they are manufacturing it if it is taking them two whole months) you can call them to complain and you get a free N95.

It was my wife's friend in the US that Nokia spoke to (as I live in the UK) and she does not have a clue what N95 is. I would recommend you be very firm with them and get a better deal. Shoot for N97 or N97 mini. I know we all hate symbian here but at least you would get a lot more when you sell it than N95 which would probably only fetch like $10. Don't ask for an N8 of course. May kill your chances getting anything if you try to be so greedy.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Missouri
Same thing happened with me, getting a free N95.... so exciting.

Tried to bargain, but no go. Couldn't even ask for a specific color. They could of at least gave the 8gb version.

The thing with mine n900 is that I just bought it from amazon.com and I am still in 30day moneyback period

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ QLD Australia
Originally Posted by ilja View Post
Now it has been two weeks without a written response, not from the seller (mobycity), not from their warranty company, not from their repair centre and absolutely not from Nokia who seems to have my phone now. It should not take that long to evaluate a damage and respond. Makes you wonder............
I got a call from mobicity (seller) that they have a new n900 phone for me. I picked it up today, brand new, restoring backup now everything seems to work. I am very happy with the outcome.

Omg am i the only customer full of poorness? Send my n900 away for about 4 weeks ago now, no messages or signals, not even from the carepoint, called them today, and still no news neither a n95 ---..---"

Only this : " yes u will get replacemebt, but we're still waiting for devices"

First of all, germany sucks in terms of service, second nokia is shitty as they could be ( i even guess worldwide) in this terms too. Here in DE, nokia isnt repairing the devices on their own, they send them to contract repaircenters, which are indepented from nokia, so nokia.de (yes the HQ!) cant tell me the f..king status of my phone !!

Liked that? Have another one : nokia told me that i have to speak to those indepentend ones, which are waiting for replacement devices, AND YES, they told me that only nokia can tell when they will arrive!

Yeah nokia made my day, confusing as hell and no clue about economical behaviour ( attitude..)

Last device from them

Last edited by boxkillor; 2010-10-14 at 14:52.

Just for the records: Bought my N900 on 4 Dec 2009 - connected/disconnected data cable or charger approx. 2 - 3 times a day - had to send it in for repair on 12 Oct

The thing that most upset me about Nokia when comes to N900 users is that they sold their last n900's on nokiausa.com website very cheap without thinking about putting some in stock for people who will obviously have issues with their N900 even to obvious with charger port. So now when they have none in stock people have stick without phone or old n95.

The Following User Says Thank You to tomislav For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty