Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Originally Posted by sak500 View Post
i got my iphone4 3 weeks back haven't touched my n900 since than and only use it for mp3 music in toilet. The number of apps on iphone is amazing, the navigation, os, everything is so smooth and silky. Plan on trading n900 out even though i have nitrdroid installed on it and o/cd it to 1Ghz.
While you use your as an mp3 player in the toilet, I for once open up the browser go to tvcatchup.com and use it as a TV ( in the toilet)....and that`s only one of the many things I use my N900 for....while I sit down I VPN to my computer and play some mp3s remotely just to be entertained....at the end I sit there for so long that I cannot feel my legs!.....and you just use it as an mp3 player?....what can I say.....

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
I hate Apple more than anyone out there but think it is a bit silly the way the fanboys on this site say things lik iphone is crap and all that.

If it is doing so well it is because it actually offers something people want. We may have no interest on it but I don't think we can honestly say to ourselves that tens of millions are buying crap and at so much cost.

If we were honest with ourselves we would say it is a good device which has things the mass market is interested in (ease of use, tons of apps, works well). However, we are not interested in it because we don't want to be told what we can do with our device, we want to modify the device, we don't want to pay for ringtones when we already have the mp3, we want a keyboard, etc.

When we say iphone is crap all we are doing is:

1. Lying to ourselves; or
2. Showing that we are real fan boys who lack the ability to be objective
Ok, I must be honest to myself. I love Apple more than anyone does, but I still think iPhone sucks.

I hate Nokia more than anyone does, but I love N900.

Deal with it. We understand you've bought a defective N900 and the Nokia Care centre gave you a bad time, but it isn't worth it to keep wasting your time trying to deflect people from their love of N900 just to get back at Nokia.

You should learn to accept failure in your life and move on. It does you no good to waste your time here. Go, iPhone community needs you, we'll miss you.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Bristol UK
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
I hate Apple more than anyone out there but think it is a bit silly the way the fanboys on this site say things lik iphone is crap and all that.
Hi

If i may be so bold i would like to disagree.

Hopefully you can see from my previous posts that i am an ojective poster. However i am not an entirely objective person. Nobody is.

I constantly use analogies so apologies if it becomes tiresome. Consider films. You and a group of people sit and watch a rom-com. It may be well acted and thoughtful, but too slow paced or mushy for your particular taste.
Answer honestly, do you, whilst discussing the film straight afterwards say to your friends.
a) Although the characters were well developed, and the interpersonal relationships between the main characters was poignant and enlightening. I felt the journey they tried to take me on didn't move at a quick enough pace and thus i don't think this film is for me, however i do appreciate how other people could like it if they were interested in......
b) that was crap.

They're the same thing. But obviosuly one is less likely to be ridiculed (decide for yourself which one that is lol)

Whenever i read IPhone "is crap" i supplement it with "is not for me". It makes me feel less obliged to post rebuttals.

Regards

Stefan

EDIT: Volt's post at the bottom of the previous page is similar to this. Must have been posted whilst i was typing.

Last edited by Thargor; 2010-10-14 at 14:32.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
This whole argument is a bit silly. I'm sure it's the same over on the Dodge Charger forum site, where Charger fanboys slag off Mustangs, or something. We are biased towards the N900 because we chose to buy it in the first place, we shelled out $450, and most of us aren't tied up with the rip-off merchants, AT&T. The iPhone is a commercial success, but part of the whole reason we didn't buy it is because us N900 owners like something different. And let's face it, Nokia is not doing so well these days in the mobile phone market. They're the underdog, and it's always nice to rally around (this forum) and be supportive.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Ok, I must be honest to myself. I love Apple more than anyone does, but I still think iPhone sucks.

I hate Nokia more than anyone does, but I love N900.

Deal with it. We understand you've bought a defective N900 and the Nokia Care centre gave you a bad time, but it isn't worth it to keep wasting your time trying to deflect people from their love of N900 just to get back at Nokia.

You should learn to accept failure in your life and move on. It does you no good to waste your time here. Go, iPhone community needs you, we'll miss you.
See everything you have posted here is so wrong I don't know where to start.

But let me start by saying I love my N900. Every single day without it is torturing me. It happens to be a great device but unfortunately made by a useless company. I was using my N900 for 3 months without a usb port and had to send it in cause I bricked my device and needed usb port to reflash. How did I brick my device? I got addicted to modding and didn't know when to stop. Unfortunately I eventually I modified a file which meant the device got stuck on the Nokia boot screen. My wife warned me for months to stop messing around with the N900 but it was just so amazing I could not stop.

I have been without N900 for over a month and still come here everyday looking for latest developments and have list of things I have to try out when I finally get N900 back (swappolube, theme customizer, fast modding script being top of the list). Everyday without my N900 I am cursing Nokia for depriving me of my darling N900.

Have to add that before I started modding my device I actually hated it because of its tons of bugs and lacking features. However, modding makes up for that and a lot of the mods fix some of the bugs (such as overclocking helping with my web browsing where I used to have to constantly deal with grid lines).

Now some of you have responded to say you are being objective when you say the iphone is crap. Sorry but what you have described is not objective it is absolutely subjective. It is crap for you. Do you really think tens of millions are buying it because Steve Jobs told them it is amazing? Yes Apple marketing helps but this may be news to you millions of people love the iphone and if you gave 20 million people an iphone and N900 more people would actually prefer the iphone even if it was made by HTC let's say. Or they had never heard of Apple.

What you think of a device is not objective, it is the exact definition of subjective. If you are unable to realise that something a vast number of people love is a good device (for them) just because you hate it that means you are incapable of being objective.

Look at Wii for example. Many fans of HD gaming absolutely absolutely hate it and think it is a piece of crap. However, it is Nintendo's best selling home console ever and is loved by tons. That an Xbox 360 fan thinks it is worth less than **** does not make it a crap device. It is only crap to him. That is his subjective view. An objective view would tell him that though he hates it, the fact that so many actually love it means it is a good device (for others).

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
bing! how many threads with the theme GoodBye n900, Hello (your smartphone here)? i want to count but NVM.

well in any case, i have an Android device and gonna get another one this October.

but to tell you, i usually get new phones/devices and sell/trade my old one, but with the exception of the n900, I already had 2 smartphones after the n900 but its still with me.......

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Dubai
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
While you use your as an mp3 player in the toilet, I for once open up the browser go to tvcatchup.com and use it as a TV ( in the toilet)....and that`s only one of the many things I use my N900 for....while I sit down I VPN to my computer and play some mp3s remotely just to be entertained....at the end I sit there for so long that I cannot feel my legs!.....and you just use it as an mp3 player?....what can I say.....
Man you should type any letter in appstore and you'll get tons of apps based on that particular catagory. E.g i also have kmplayer and worldtv on my 900 but htere is HDTV , Live TV, tv.nu, mtstv etc also available for iphone. With rez of the screen bordering HD comparing teh video quality of n900 to iphone 4 is day and night. While my N900 is overclocked to 1.1ghz, it's stutters and grinds to halt when i try applicataion manager . Also regular browsing scrolling is filled with hiccups and stutters> true i've some widgets on the desktops as well but again i'd rather use a nifty device as a main device than some jack of all master of none which takes more than a few secs to accept a call.

Also since you fanboys are at it, i was one of those who installed NITDROID the manual way, way before they made the installer for it so dont tell me N900 is not for me. We get one tower defence game on this and there are 100s of games liek that on iphone including Star Wars Battle of HOTH. Gameloft has gone crazy on iphone with Call of duty series for it.

I'm not gonna argue but i think i'm in better position to comment about both phones than your one sided experience with N900. And to let you know i never liked apple products and never used one before this. I got this off ebay to sell it off in my country since the prices were ridiculous and i thot i could make a quick buck. But within a day of use i dint 'want to let it go even though it's 16gb version and with 50+ apps on it im left with only 3~4 gb. That's 3 weeks of use compared to almost a year's use of N900 having 23GB internal and 5.6gb on external (bal for NIT) still free. How i wish iphone could use my 8GB class 6 i installed NIT on. That's the only negative thing about iphone .

If u guys want to site your opinion do it when you have both teh products not your utter fanboism.

The Following User Says Thank You to sak500 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sak500 View Post
I'm not gonna argue but i think i'm in better position to comment about both phones than your one sided experience with N900.
Why are you posting here, seriously? To troll? To try and convince us that the N900 is bad and we should buy an iPhone?

If u guys want to site your opinion do it when you have both teh products not your utter fanboism.
Until Jobs and Apple stop insisting that they own every iPhone even after sale, I'm going to continue ignoring them. And you should stop, this isn't an iPhone forum. Nothing good will come from continued attacks against the people here or the N900.

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
I don't think he's attacking us necessarily, I think he's just defending himself and his opinion, and he has every right to do that. It's a silly argument about preference, and in those games NOBODY wins/concedes. It's like the IT guys at work who argue CONSTANTLY about which is better, OSX or Win7. It's a never-ending bore-fest for the rest of us! Each has their merits and faults. I've had my N900 for 2 days now, and totally regret waiting this long, I think it's awesome. But I'm not about to point and laugh deridingly at my mate's iPhone in the pub tonight. And if he points and laughs at my N900, I'll just plop his iPhone into his pint of girlie light beer.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Of course everyone has a right to their opinion, but what is the point of talking about how awesome your iphone is on a Maemo forum? Believe me, the response would be equally venomous if I went on an iphone forum talking about how awesome my n900 is.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Tags
delete me, infants and, their toys, worstthreadever