Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
btw i thought maemo is working on pr 1.3?
why did the news come from meego first before announced here?

Posts: 205 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ manila, philippines
will i be able to update to 1.3 if im using titan kernel?

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
You folks spinning for Nokia after they have basically said screw N900 users since launch are funny. Flash 10.1 costs NO fees, but does require collaboration between the OEMs and Adobe. Nokia did not want to invest the time and money in working with Adobe.

You folks covering for Nokia and rationalizing their piss poor support are starting to seem (respectfully) a tad pathetic.

Were it not for the local dev community here, which is eroding quickly, the N900 would have been a truly- epic fail.

Nokia sucks big nasty Oprah butt. Some of you need to get over your fanboy love affair for Nokia, because it is NOT reciprocated.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
You folks spinning for Nokia after they have basically said screw N900 users since launch are funny. Flash 10.1 costs NO fees, but does require collaboration between the OEMs and Adobe. Nokia did not want to invest the time and money in working with Adobe.

You folks covering for Nokia and rationalizing their piss poor support are starting to seem (respectfully) a tad pathetic.

Were it not for the local dev community here, which is eroding quickly, the N900 would have been a truly- epic fail.

Nokia sucks big nasty Oprah butt. Some of you need to get over your fanboy love affair for Nokia, because it is NOT reciprocated.
Possibly - but others need to get over this feeling that they were somehow tricked into buying the N900 and now have been cheated. Personally I am still enjoying my N900 and new great apps show up almost daily. The dev community seems to be going strong
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US

Possibly - but others need to get over this feeling that they were somehow tricked into buying the N900 and now have been cheated. Personally I am still enjoying my N900 and new great apps show up almost daily. The dev community seems to be going strong
"Quickly" was too harsh. Agreed.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Were it not for the local dev community here
... yes... go on...

which is eroding quickly
... yeah! Wait... WTF?
Are we not doing enough?
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
thats okay, it gives me/us time to save up for this so called "N9" which will be pricey (but worth it)
Actually that slacker Murtazin retweeted someone saying the N9 would prolly be 429€. As comparison, the N8 is being sold ATM for 489€.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
You folks spinning for Nokia after they have basically said screw N900 users since launch are funny. ...

But I don't have a love affair with Nokia, I have a love affair with my N900.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
Actually that slacker Murtazin retweeted someone saying the N9 would prolly be 429€. As comparison, the N8 is being sold ATM for 489€.
That was the case with N900 and N97 when I was ordering the N900, was about £50 cheaper.

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
So will it have a working xterm?
Let me point you to bug #3551.

The Following User Says Thank You to Master of Gizmo For This Useful Post:

Tags
bestthreadever, meego, o6eew, open mobile ftw, pr1.3, stop talking, wegoo meego