Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
They did, and I already fixed it, but I prefer to stay silent about these things
libqfacebook was missing a -dev package, so the package couldn't be built easily on scratchbox or the builder.

Here's the source: http://github.com/brik/facebrick/tree/desktop_widget

im having weird issue on facebrick myself...
facebrick is crashing on me...

when i reboot facebrick login notification pops up (as usual) i usually tap the above portion and it goes well. but know if i tap the above portion widget crashes... even if i login on that popup sign in notification facebrick still crashes on me...

long story short i cant make facebrick run on my device... the app itself or the widget.

uninstall/reinstall doest help either.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by brik View Post
If you're having problems with "Unauthorized source IP", could you open the terminal and try this?

sudo gainroot
apt-get remove --purge facebrick
apt-get remove --purge libqfacebook

apt-get update

And then either reinstall it through the terminal or the App manager.
Yes!
I was thinking that this purging thing could solve it.
No clue how to do it myself.
Thanks for the guide

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Portland OR USA
Originally Posted by nyback View Post
Big warning to uninstall this until the widget problem is fixed.
I managed to get into my mobile again by trying a large number of times to reboot and do the clicks to connect to internet before the widget takes over the screen and all is locked down.
It was very tricky. U need to manage all the clicks to connect to the internet while the phone is still loading the desktop.
Once i was connected the facebook widget would not start up empty anymore. it would have the web-page on it to connect to facebook.

/Andreas

Same thing happened to me!! Couldn't do the "connect to Internet" in time, until I had WIFI access @ a friends house. FOR me, rebooting with the USB connected to the computer allowed me some extra time to do the "connect to Internet" on the phone.

I am uninstalling this app. do to 1) No cancel button if the internet is not working 2) doesn't allow me to get out of th program if the internet didn't work for it's connection

telecomgeek79

(not needing facebook as much as my phone capabilities (and all the other things, email, etc.))

The Following User Says Thank You to telecomgeek79 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by telecomgeek79 View Post
Same thing happened to me!! Couldn't do the "connect to Internet" in time, until I had WIFI access @ a friends house. FOR me, rebooting with the USB connected to the computer allowed me some extra time to do the "connect to Internet" on the phone.
Anybody have another solution? I can't manage to get "connect to Internet" to show up before the silly login window blocks all access to my phone.

I don't really want to reflash my device...

Originally Posted by coreyoconnor View Post
Anybody have another solution? I can't manage to get "connect to Internet" to show up before the silly login window blocks all access to my phone.

I don't really want to reflash my device...
I guess there is a race between the login window and the connect to internet window on which can show first. I rebooted A LOT and eventually was able to select an internet connection before the widget attempted to login.

Weird that the standard "click outside the window" method didn't cancel the dialog.

I thought this was just me...
I saw the update to Facebrick some days ago and updated it. Couldn't see any noticable difference in gui, but saw that I could view all posts now (I have problems with many posts previously just showing up empty, not being able to see the text....).

I did not however notice there was a desktop widget to choose now. Not until yesterday, and this is how I found out

I accidently dropped my N900 so the backdoor flew of and battery went out. I put it back and started up phone and facebrick wanted to connect to internet, which froze the phone from doing anything. And I didn't know why facebrick suddenly started. It all ended up with me reflashing phone and then reinstalling everything, including facebrick. Thats when the widget popped up and I noticed it (got very happy) for first time . Then I also understood why facebrick wanted to connect to internet without me opening the app, but still no idea why the widget got activated from me dropping my phone, when it was not active before on my desktop

Anyway, as it now works perfect, I think the "purging" should/could work, without reflashing the phone. Just get rid of all old 0.5 settings. I guess facebrick stores settings somewhere in your /home/user folder, so try removing those too. (Unless purge does that too? Which I doubt, but dunno what purge does).

Kleggas

Actually now that I think of it, I never removed any settings in my home. Those are kept even through a reflash (DOH!!!) so the only thing I did then to facebrick was to get a fresh install of it

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I love that name! I really love it.
________
Marijuana card

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:43.

Originally Posted by Kleggas View Post
I thought this was just me...
I saw the update to Facebrick some days ago and updated it. Couldn't see any noticable difference in gui, but saw that I could view all posts now (I have problems with many posts previously just showing up empty, not being able to see the text....).

I did not however notice there was a desktop widget to choose now. Not until yesterday, and this is how I found out

I accidently dropped my N900 so the backdoor flew of and battery went out. I put it back and started up phone and facebrick wanted to connect to internet, which froze the phone from doing anything. And I didn't know why facebrick suddenly started. It all ended up with me reflashing phone and then reinstalling everything, including facebrick. Thats when the widget popped up and I noticed it (got very happy) for first time . Then I also understood why facebrick wanted to connect to internet without me opening the app, but still no idea why the widget got activated from me dropping my phone, when it was not active before on my desktop

Anyway, as it now works perfect, I think the "purging" should/could work, without reflashing the phone. Just get rid of all old 0.5 settings. I guess facebrick stores settings somewhere in your /home/user folder, so try removing those too. (Unless purge does that too? Which I doubt, but dunno what purge does).

Kleggas
me too...i thought it was multidesktop....any fix yet??

CasTTeLLo

Tags
bada rox, hit and run, what a poser