Active Topics

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by kolos View Post
If you are using Firefox on your PC and don't have issue on it with logging, you can copy PC's cookies.sqilte into N900 (location /home/user/.mozilla/microb/).
On my N900 I'm using key3.db, signons.sqlite and cookies.sqilte from my PC and this way I have the same passwords and cookie settings on both, which is really great.

Also PC's Firefox enables you to remove individual cookies, passwords etc.
I have all of those in Microb on my n900 just like you and still I have topress log in every time???

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? It does get a little old having to log in every time I want to go to facebook.

Originally Posted by Jayboy5 View Post
I have all of those in Microb on my n900 just like you and still I have topress log in every time???
You have these files from PC or N900's native one? If it is the second, then my suggestion was to replace N900's files with one from your PC, if you don't have there issue with permanent logging. Also I would reboot the phone after replacement is done.

Also it's possible to copy files in other direction (N900-->PC) and check if this issue will occur also on PC. Before coping files from one or another direction it's smart to store somewhere original files (backup).

Originally Posted by kolos View Post
You have these files from PC or N900's native one? If it is the second, then my suggestion was to replace N900's files with one from your PC, if you don't have there issue with permanent logging. Also I would reboot the phone after replacement is done.

Also it's possible to copy files in other direction (N900-->PC) and check if this issue will occur also on PC. Before coping files from one or another direction it's smart to store somewhere original files (backup).
How can I access my cookies in firefox to copy to n900? I can see how to delete them but thats all??

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Austria
I have fixed it with resetting microb.
mv .mozilla/microb .mozilla/microb-backup
All passwords gone but cookies working again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndiThebest For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jayboy5 View Post
How can I access my cookies in firefox to copy to n900? I can see how to delete them but thats all??
Access within PC's firefox only allows deleting cookies (all / individually). So it is possible to solve particular problem. For instance, if you have problem with facebook site, search for facebook cookies and delete them all (Tools-Options-Privacy-remove individual cookies), then visit again facebook site and login with checked box for permanent logging.

Maybe there are other ways to manage stored logging policy inside cookies.sqilte file with some tool, but I'm not familiar with it. Try to search on Google, maybe you will find something useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AndiThebest View Post
What did you type that into xterminal?

IIRC passwords are stored inside signons.sqlite, so you only need this file and key3.db. You will have them back after coping them into "/home/user/.mozilla/microb/" from "/home/user/.mozilla/microb-backup/".

Last edited by kolos; 2010-10-16 at 13:44.

This worked perfectly, thank you! I just used filebox to move the file, it was really simple

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Ah. I re-read my post and noticed I posted the path to firefox not to microb cookie database. Sorry, the other post path is obviosly correct.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.