I have two questions, mostly related to the fact that I type so much on my Nokia N900 that my unawareness about how to fix these issues is becoming a real annoyance, bordering frustration:

1. I can't relate to a specific app or upgrade, but for the last few months forcing a lower case letter by pressing "shift" after one of those characters being recognized as "end of sentence' (e.g. ? . ! etc) would not work, anymore. I have to be very creative in typing first, then deleting the first letter (capital), replacing it with another, etc. ... Has anybody seen this?

2. The screen based keyboard doesn't seem to allow me to choose a properly "guessed" word (coming from the word completion function). No matter what I do, I cannot keep the highlighted suggested letters when deciding to use the entire suggested word ... I see them, but compared to the hrdw keyboard, a space or arrow, or screen touch at the end of the word never works

TIA,
Stefan

1. Mine seems to vary day by day as to whether it auto-capitalizes (which is when it has the bug you mention) or not.

2. I never use the onscreen keyboard as the physical one is so much faster / more accurate. To use a completion on the onscreen keyboard, tap in the middle of the highlighted bit.

The Following User Says Thank You to dave1010 For This Useful Post:
1. It's a known bug in PR1.2 (the latest firmware). In PR1.0 and PR1.1, forcing a lowercase character by pressing "Shift" worked. In PR1.2 this method was (unintentionally) removed, so it always happens, but it's a BUG. The bug is marked as RESOLVED in the bugtracker, so that probably means that it will be fixed in PR1.3. So you will have to wait for until the next update.
Note that this only happens when you have auto-capitalization on in settings.

Some workarounds are:
- turn off auto-capitalization in settings (but that's probably not what you want)
- press shift twice for "Caps Lock", hold shift and type your letter (the most convinient workaround imo)
- type the first letter twice, so that an uppercase and a lowercase letter appears, then delete the uppercase letter (too much work)

2. What he said ^^ Just tap on the highlighted part of the suggested word

The Following User Says Thank You to woussie For This Useful Post: