Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
This is outstanding news! Xournal is one of my most-used apps.

Two features I would like to see.

Since it defaults to "Notes" mode, is it possible to have an eraser tool in the toolbar? I find myself having to go to drawing mode every time I open the app in order to erase.

One of the main things I use Xournal for is to make quick notes (when I'm not editing PDFs). The page size is fixed. Is it possible to add a button to add another page to the current document without saving it?

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Today I removed some crap from my phone (programs I didn't use), and now Xournal works fine... unfortunately I have no idea what was the program that screwed it

Hmm do you have a log leftover from the file uninstalls? Maybe I can then see if I have any of those programs installed and we can work it out?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I might have, where is it saved?

I'm not sure, does the Log in the Application Manager provide anything useful?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I'm not sure, does the Log in the Application Manager provide anything useful?
Checked that already, it does not.
I'll go google around and see if there is...

I had, however, some "kernel" related stuff installed...
When I removed those, I checked Xournal, but still the issue was there... I guess those changes actually had visible effects on restarting the N900...

So what is the current state of things? Is BruceL still going? I have Xournal crashing on me too when trying to open PDFs.
I guess if everyone posted their list of apps it might be overkill.

No pushing intended, I just can't wait to annotate.

PS: Normally iphone stuff is completely below my radar, but this Aji stuff looks very nice (despite capacitive screen). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHIr6wkENes

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
Originally Posted by niche View Post
So what is the current state of things? Is BruceL still going? I have Xournal crashing on me too when trying to open PDFs.
I guess if everyone posted their list of apps it might be overkill.

No pushing intended, I just can't wait to annotate.

[/URL]
I am definitely still going on the new page button. I temporarily lost some steam when I tried to build Xournal and I ended up trashing my N900 (due to installing too many things outside of /opt) and I still don't have everything back to normal on it.

So I am about to try again, but I want to back-up my system so that I don't have to re-create everything again.

My Xournal is crashing as well on trying to save. It's a recnt phenomenon, but I had a bunch of apps that had updates recently, so it could be any of a whole load of apps :-(
This really upsets me as I LOVE Xournal!

pls a update...that fix this error