Posts: 79 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Lots of class 10 cards here: http://www.komplett.no/k/search.aspx...&bn=10244&mfr=

(Norwegian site)
But there shuld be easy to find in germany i would think..

The Following User Says Thank You to Crom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
jeah but thats sdhc and i thought we need micro sd?
correct me if im wrong

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
Have a look at the below under kits

http://www.kingston.com/ukroot/flash/sd_home.asp

The Following User Says Thank You to wedda For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
correct me if im wrong
Sorry! My bad.
Good thing i did not buy one then..
The only one i can find then is a sandisk 32 gb class2..
That's too slow!
I'm hoping there will be a class 10 soon.

dont hold your breath for class 10 32gb microsdhc, its years away. they just finally got class 4 to market ($$$)

No, i won't hold my breath, but "years away" is a bit over the top..?
Sometime 1st half 2011 should be more likely i think..

Everyone just s'up for a minute.

Wether you buy locally or through ebay/web, please test your cards. This is for your own protection, know what you bought. SD cards can be shown to have let's say 32GB, but infact have 1GB because those memory cards have bad sectors. What happens is you can still continue writing into the card but the old data get pushed into the bad sectors and are lost forever. Meaning you can lose something precious. I think companies QC their products and the rejects end-up in a pile to be recycled, and employees sneak some of the defectives into their pockets, take them home and profit majorly on the internet.

This is now very common, I am doing my test as I speak, because I think I've been scammed. If you voice your problems, at least someone can have a look at it and the sellers can own up to their responsibility.

here's the link:
http://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/20...erfeit-drives/

I hope some people here show up with bad results, not because I wish them to be scammed, but so because they would be wise with managing their data (and not to lose it, especially if its for your work which can cost you thousands or even your job) and also that they might fight back and get their money back and even if they don't, so they'll raise awareness so someone else won't be scammed and the theives be stopped.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.
Originally Posted by gtessier00 View Post
Cheap eBay microsd does the same job as the one you'll find in stores, for a fraction of the price.
I'm using a microsd 16gb bought on eBay for 35$ and it works like a charm.
Maybe because they only have a fraction of working flash chips of their brand counterparts?

There are only a handful of flash chip manufacturers, and they all sell under their own brand. The only way to get a memory card cheaper than the market price for raw chips is to buy a defect or manipulated memory card.

Here, do some reading.

The Following User Says Thank You to quingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
correct me if im wrong
SDHC is a communication standard and MicroSD is a form factor and they are not exclusive.

Also, what is wrong with partitioning? Not that it's needed:

The following limitations exist using the FAT32 file system with Windows operating systems:
  • Clusters cannot be 64 kilobytes (KB) or larger. If clusters were 64 KB or larger, some programs (such as Setup programs) might calculate disk space incorrectly.
  • A volume must contain at least 65,527 clusters to use the FAT32 file system. You cannot increase the cluster size on a volume using the FAT32 file system so that it ends up with less than 65,527 clusters.
  • The maximum possible number of clusters on a volume using the FAT32 file system is 268,435,445. With a maximum of 32 KB per cluster with space for the file allocation table (FAT), this equates to a maximum disk size of approximately 8 terabytes (TB).
FAT32 works fine. Now, if you use 512b, then that's about 32GB.

Mass storage allows for bigger cluster size, so, why exactly no dice?

Oh, and, that document is for limitations in Windows 2000, 10 years ago 8 TB was considered "fine".

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
SD cards can be shown to have let's say 32GB, but infact have 1GB because those memory cards have bad sectors.
A 32GB card with so many bad sectors as to only store 1GB would never make it out of the factory.

What happens is you can still continue writing into the card but the old data get pushed into the bad sectors and are lost forever. Meaning you can lose something precious
No. When sectors go bad they are mapped out and never used again. If this actually happened then SD cards (or anything that used NAND) would never be used.

I think companies QC their products and the rejects end-up in a pile to be recycled, and employees sneak some of the defectives into their pockets, take them home and profit majorly on the internet.
Unlikely, since such defective chips never make it into the final package. Instead, when you buy online they screw with the partition table so you can format the device and it'll look like it's bigger than it actually is.

This is now very common, I am doing my test as I speak, because I think I've been scammed. If you voice your problems, at least someone can have a look at it and the sellers can own up to their responsibility.
Don't buy on eBay from sellers based in China? This isn't hard.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post: