Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
yea flash drains your battery and battery drain is dependent on usage mines lasts 15hrs or 24hrs. it depends

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by D4rKlar View Post
Uninstall catorize/apmefo/mymenu (anything which puts the main menu into categories), maenotify, fmtx widget, and any other apps/widgets with known memory leaks
Why would an application like ApMeFo drain battery? The only thing it does is modify a hildon.menu file inside your home directory.

EDIT: After researching a little I noticed that ApMeFo and some other applications hit bug #10412:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10412

But they already fixed it back in August.

Since hildon-desktop is OpenSource all I needed to do was to download the source code and recompiled it. I also had to install libmatchbox2 but it wasn't a big deal.

Now it seems hildon-desktop doesn't go to 5% CPU usage like before after you open some folders in the applications menu. I would have to use it a long time to see if the bug is really fixed but it seems so far so good.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2010-10-18 at 01:27.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by D4rKlar View Post
Uninstall catorize/apmefo/mymenu (anything which puts the main menu into categories), maenotify, fmtx widget, and any other apps/widgets with known memory leaks,

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
Can you please give us the link to that application that has memory leaks? Thanks in advance brother!

Last edited by kulas; 2010-10-18 at 04:05.