Active Topics

Not to res a dead post, but i've had my N900 plugged in overnight like I always do and this morning the charge says 81.6%.

Seems kind low for an overnight charge.

how old is your battery? sometimes, bad maintenance of a li-ion battery can reduce the maximum charge it can hold.

The battery meter is broken. The charger isn't.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
actually battery meter could be working fine also.

after li ion has been charged full, charging stops and everything works just like device isn't plugged to charger until battery level hits certain point, probably 80% with n900. when the limit is reached, charging starts again.

constantly charging would wear the battery quickly. really quickly. nimh was the best for overnight charging.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Well, it's the battery that came with the N900, so its about 7 months or so old. It's not something that was happening before. I'll check again tomorrow and see how it goes.

I need to get an extra battery anyways. I don't really want to get one from Nokia, as I'm sure they cost an arm and a leg. Any suggestions on a second battery?

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
actually battery meter could be working fine also.

after li ion has been charged full, charging stops and everything works just like device isn't plugged to charger until battery level hits certain point, probably 80% with n900. when the limit is reached, charging starts again.

constantly charging would wear the battery quickly. really quickly. nimh was the best for overnight charging.
Exactly, and if techngro installs BatteryGraph he can see where charging reaches peak and then stops, and battery slowly gets lower overnight. (If this is indeed the case for him)

In my case I can see that after putting it in the charger at Midnight, the battery reaches full charge around 3:00 AM and then slowly drains after that, never reaching the level needed to trigger the charging again by the time I wake up around 8:00 AM.

Since I don't want to start the day with 15% of my charge missing already, I unplug and re-plug the charger to the wall, which triggers charging again. By the time I leave for work 40 minutes later, it's full.

Another workaround is to turn off your phone at night.

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
Btw, I think when plugged to a pc-usb, the device won't charge beyond 60% charge... Not 100% sure though.

No it will charge as full as with wallcharger as long as the device isn't using more power than the computer can provide. that kind of drain would be equivalent to a 3-4 hour battery life

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
N900 won't charge your battery to 100% even you're trying until the N900 explodes.

The highest I ever got it to charged up is 98% a few times.
Once it's full it will not charge again until the percentage is dropped below 85%, to make the N900 recharge again you have to replug the MicroUSB.

If your battery won't charge beyond 60% then either you didn't calibrate (deep cycle) it properly since new. You have to give it a full charged for a few hours before using it other wise your battery mights end up like this.

Recommendation is to get a genuine Nokia battery, the cheap chinese made one won't last very long after charged up. And I would preferred original Nokia just to be on the safe side. N900 is now discontinued therefore you should take good care of it.

Posts: 1,237 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
my n900 showed full battery at 96% when i replaced its battery with a X1-01's battery which is a 1500 mAH battery but now whenever my phone shows fully battery while charger is connected its always at 86 percent i dont know why.