Active Topics

Notices

Love the upgrade... but I am having a glitch. When listening to a playlist in order, the player will skip every other track. Track 1 will play, the arrow will pause for a second on track 2, and then track 3 plays. Am I the only one getting this?

mhhh, at least on my side there is no such effect.

could it be that during the audio cd ripping process (if this was used to create the mp3īs) the ripper created very short tracks from the pauses between tracks? this happend to me some time ago with a live cd...

My guess is, somehow the id3 module can't read the tags from your files, that's why it's falling back to the old guess-by-filename scheme. Not sure why, though. Do you know if your tags are id3 v1, v2, or both? You could try falling back to id3v1 and see if it helps.

Tip: After changing tags for existing files, you'll need to run "full scans" since information for that file already exists in the database. While testing, this will take long and be boring. Instead, upload/copy your tag-edited file as something else (rename it), then run a regular scan. This way scanner will detect the new file and read the tag.

As for the koalas, try disabling "heuristic cover art search" from scanner, and running a "full scan". A full scan also instructs the scanner to re-download existing cover art (if there's any available) while a regular scan will only try downloading the non-existing art.

Originally Posted by tubbycricket View Post
Yeah, I checked the ID3 tags through TagRename and everything seems to be in place. And I think the file name does make a difference because when I left the files as just [NoDRM]Song Name, it gave the artist's name as [NoDRM] even though the song was tagged. Now when I change the file name it gives the artist and song properly, but when I try to search under Artists, it just says Various Artists. And even weirder, when Kagu tries to search for album covers, it comes up with some strange cartoon tree with koalas hanging on them, even though the bands were Children of Bodom and Megadeth. What should I do?

Yesterday I upgraded to 1.0.9 using apt-get upgrade (hate to do manual updates one by one via Manager). And I'm experiencing really strange behavior.
When I try to play an MP3 the player disappears, it is not on the list of running apps, but the music plays?! This with both OSSO and Mplayer players.

Also on the bottom of the screen there is a gradient bar (I think part of the theme) which is shifted a little to the left.

And the scrollbars appear literally in the middle of the nowhere. About at 2/3 of the screen to the right.

EDIT: Just found out that the last is not a bug, but a feature. It looks really nasty while overlapping with playlist items.

Originally Posted by MoridinBG View Post
And the scrollbars appear literally in the middle of the nowhere. About at 2/3 of the screen to the right.

EDIT: Just found out that the last is not a bug, but a feature. It looks really nasty while overlapping with playlist items.
No kidding. Place your vote here:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=10608

Yesterday I upgraded to 1.0.9 using apt-get upgrade (hate to do manual updates one by one via Manager). And I'm experiencing really strange behavior.
When I try to play an MP3 the player disappears, it is not on the list of running apps, but the music plays?! This with both OSSO and Mplayer players.
Sounds like a crash. The music keeps playing because Kagu spawns an mplayer process or tells the OSSO player to play via dbus. Can you get us a backtrace? we write them to a file somewhere. I think you can find it in:
Code:
~/MyDocs/kagu-lastcrash.log
Also on the bottom of the screen there is a gradient bar (I think part of the theme) which is shifted a little to the left.
I don't think that's a bug. The "empty" region on the right will be filled with an album cover when you play something successfully. It's blank when nothing is playing.

OK, all the problems had been in the device behind the stylus :-D
The crashlog complained about missing Album Cover. Re-run the scanner and now it works flawlessly. Maybe some kind of check should be implemented?

I got it about the bar at the bottom. The cover art appeared in the empty space. But this doesn't make it look more nice.

May be an option to choose between themes?

OK, all the problems had been in the device behind the stylus :-D
The crashlog complained about missing Album Cover. Re-run the scanner and now it works flawlessly. Maybe some kind of check should be implemented?
Probably, but honestly I'm not sure how you got a song without an album cover. Partial scanner run maybe? Can you send us the backtrace anyway?

I got it about the bar at the bottom. The cover art appeared in the empty space. But this doesn't make it look more nice.
Looks ok to me. Do you have a concept art suggestion perhaps?

May be an option to choose between themes?
That's on the list of things to do. Unfortunately our theme designer is AWOL at the moment, so honestly we'll probably be sticking with the orange theme for a while. If you want to do a new theme, you're welcome. If it's good, we'll be happy to include it.

The more themes we have, the more motivated we'll be to add theme switching capability.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
Hi-

Thanks for the great new release. I do have one question though. I like to use the N800 on airplanes to listen to music and in between every song it tries to access the internet causing a variety of dialog screens to be displayed depending on whether I have put the tablet into offline mode or not.

Is there an explanation for this behavior and/or a way to turn it off?

Thanks,
Fred

Originally Posted by ffarber View Post
Hi-

Thanks for the great new release. I do have one question though. I like to use the N800 on airplanes to listen to music and in between every song it tries to access the internet causing a variety of dialog screens to be displayed depending on whether I have put the tablet into offline mode or not.

Is there an explanation for this behavior and/or a way to turn it off?

Thanks,
Fred
It's caused by maemo's dbus implementation. Just set the wireless mode to "disconnect". Works fine for me in the car.