Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
A warning to all jailbroken ps3 owners

" Do not try to install the netflix app when the ps3 prompts you to either install it or use the disk for 31 days" If you click install, you can never go back to the netflix instant streaming disk. It is permenantly blocked and you have to update your ps3 and will lose your jailbreak

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 94 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Germany
relax my friend.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ SE London
WARNING!

Please wear protective eyewear when reading sachin007's posts

Thanks for the heads up though

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
A warning to all jailbroken ps3 owners

" Do not try to install the netflix app when the ps3 prompts you to either install it or use the disk for 31 days" If you click install, you can never go back to the netflix instant streaming disk. It is permenantly blocked and you have to update your ps3 and will lose your jailbreak

I did that yesterday just to find out I had to install from "whats new", now I don't have netflix. I was sitting on 3.41 as I rarely play online anyways, but I use netflix a lot and if there isn't a work around I might be installing the updates really soon.

I have yet to do anything to the PS3 as I still have a warranty until Thanksgiving, and I have none of the devices, I was thinking about getting a dingoo thought, I have on my hollyday wissh list.

any answers to this .. ?

Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post
Kind of a n00b question, but can I use the ssh method with the N900 to maybe trying using Hermes 4b payload ?

Last edited by ahmadka; 2010-10-19 at 16:33.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
I apologise for the delays, the app is fully ready, except for the help window which is driving me nuts

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by Arrowflash021 View Post

I did that yesterday just to find out I had to install from "whats new", now I don't have netflix. I was sitting on 3.41 as I rarely play online anyways, but I use netflix a lot and if there isn't a work around I might be installing the updates really soon.

I have yet to do anything to the PS3 as I still have a warranty until Thanksgiving, and I have none of the devices, I was thinking about getting a dingoo thought, I have on my hollyday wissh list.
Yeah. I use netflix a lot and was so pissed with myself for trying to install the app even though i knew i had to update from 3.41. Now i am left with netflix less ps3
Please if anyone finds a fix for this post it here. I tried searching everywhere but still could not find a fix for this.

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ holland
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
I apologise for the delays, the app is fully ready, except for the help window which is driving me nuts
moh when we will get pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
...?

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
When I figure out the Qt code, no one is being helpful, and examples aren't a lot.

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
I think the issue is being blown up more than necessary.

Even if you not to chose install, you can use the netflix disc streaming only for only 30 more days. After that you have to install update and are not left with a choice. So what is the big deal here?

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Yeah. I use netflix a lot and was so pissed with myself for trying to install the app even though i knew i had to update from 3.41. Now i am left with netflix less ps3
Please if anyone finds a fix for this post it here. I tried searching everywhere but still could not find a fix for this.