Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
and on the wayfinder website it says that routing (not only voice navigation) is an extra

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ san jose, california
well it's about time....SUNLIGHT READABLE DISPLAY!!!

thanks Thoughtfix for the photo!

check this out:

http://tabletblog.com/2007/10/n810-i...-readable.html

matt

Last edited by m_sparks; 2007-10-19 at 21:54.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by m_sparks View Post
well it's about time....SUNLIGHT READABLE DISPLAY!!!
matt
I have a Nokia 770 and the only reason it isn't readable in sunlight is that Nokia 'forgot' to put an anti-glare screen in it, but fitted a mirror instead!!

If the 800 really sorted out the speed and memory problems, and the 810 can also be read outside, it might just be worth it.

Just my £0.02
A.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Yes, as zerojay says, it's not meebo or pidgen . . . it's Jabber transports. Using the built-in Jabber client is both fun and easy! Just find yourself a Jabber server that supports transports for the protocols you need, set it up on a computer (using something like Psi), then enter the account info into your IT and away you go. Works like a charm.
Which servers support AIM, Yahoo, and MSN transports?

And, hopefully, multiple AIM, Yahoo, and MSN accounts?

I almost think I ought to set up such a jabber server on my own machine(s).

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ central georgia, usa
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post

I can also indicate that MANY of my clients have adopted Jabber and that it works well in an environment where users are oriented to instant messaging.

I Don't Work For Jabber...

I've seen wayfinder website and yes it's pretty confusing. I was at the imprmptuive show of thoughtfix last night and i can tell u that the routing comes for free,even waypoints. The voice and other live trafic report and goodies is what wayfinder want to charge for

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post

I think you answered your own question There are open Jabber servers that have the transports (like jaim.at) , but in the end I set up my own and it works great. Check out Openfire:

http://www.igniterealtime.org/projec...fire/index.jsp

It's an excellent Jabber server. Adding the IM Gateway plugin is just one click in the Web admin and then you can set up your other accounts. It supports AIM, Gadugadu, Gtalk, ICQ, IRC, MSN, SIP, XMPP and Yahoo.

Once you have it set up and you have added your gateway registrations, your N800 will have access to every service via the default Contacts/IM/etc. Good stuff.

To me the greatest new feature in the N810 is that transflective screen.. that picture from Thoughtfix says it all. I could have used Maemo Mapper much much more if the N800 had a screen like that. And I could have done some browsing and email reading in the park also on the days when it's not overcast.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
To me the greatest new feature in the N810 is that transflective screen.. that picture from Thoughtfix says it all. I could have used Maemo Mapper much much more if the N800 had a screen like that. And I could have done some browsing and email reading in the park also on the days when it's not overcast.
Fully agree with this. I wasn't planning to upgrade to N810, but this makes me think... Hopfully my request to get discount code gets approved...

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Fully agree with this. I wasn't planning to upgrade to N810, but this makes me think... Hopfully my request to get discount code gets approved...
Mara, you are confusing me

I thought you were a Nokia employee??

You would not be able?

https://maemo.org/news/announcements...192708879.html

* Contributors apply themselves through their maemo profiles. No invitation is needed. Please don't send us extra emails, they won't help you.
* Nokia & related professionals stay out. In case of doubt don’t ask: apply.
* Open contributions & community involvement are the main rules to select the winners, but newcomers can get merits by proposing creative ideas requiring such device (open source and non-profit are a must).
* The 500 discount codes will be distributed the same day the N810 is available for purchase in the online Nokia shops.

Although I see nothing in the Terms and Conditions that would not allow this?