Active Topics

[QUOTE=mrexcess;847513]My n900 should be

2. Discontinued? I just bought one!

My heart sank when i heard this after a month of buying mine but, i have friends with htc desire and iphone4s who wish their phones could half the stuff a n900 does, no regrets. (digital compass wouldve been nice for stellarium bit hey)

tru, what network have you gone for though? Ive only got till moday to get this all sorted out and if theres a better deal i dont want to miss it!

Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Just for your reference, once I found in my statement I've exceed 54GB usage in one day. It must be due to tethering and also miscalculation on the server-side, but thanks to unlimited plan the balance is still zero, otherwise it'd quite a fight with the bill.

Enjoy the device.
54GB would take 12 hours straight on 10mbps (n900 max cellular download capability)

Highly unlikely that this was an accurate summary

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by regnighc View Post
54GB would take 12 hours straight on 10mbps (n900 max cellular download capability)

Highly unlikely that this was an accurate summary
It's not, but you know they don't care. They'll only charge according to the usage and let you complain later.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by mrexcess View Post
Dont quite understand what you mean by that . . . im more concearned with how quickly i will use up that allowance not weather or not i will actually get 1 GB...

anyway i fully intend to carry a spare battery since theyre super-cheap to get hold of, but yeah i had to lean the careful balance of brightness and email checking intervals for my pre, and ive read all the comments on the n900 battery so i know what im getting into.

Thanks for the advice
I meant that this should not be any difference on another phone. So it should not be a turn down. You could also chose to surf regular or mobile sites. Most people like regular.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Still looking to hear from anyone who uses over 1GB of 3G Data allowance monthly

Last edited by mrexcess; 2010-10-22 at 20:47.

its here,

is it wrong for a man to love a computer? at the risk of being hunted down by villagers with torches and pitchforks... i have to say ... its georgeous

for anyone else looking for data allowance i went with o2 in the end via nokiadirect £30pm on a 500mb limit, with i can add an extra gig to for £10 a month as and when i need it, wich is alot, but atleast i know that i wont get stuck without 3g if/when i go over the 500mb limit.

Think im on 1.2 so time to get my 1.3 on and start setting things up, ill powerseach rather than asking previously answered questions.

Im stumped as to why theyre given me a microUSB to ring-tip power adapter though...o well

Last edited by mrexcess; 2010-11-02 at 20:47.