Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 86 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2008
#11
saruji, If I remove my memory card, my 770 loops at boot also.

When I put it back in, it is fine.

Go to Applications> Control Panel> Memory and see if you requested virtual memory into the card.
 
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Aug 2008
#12
yes it is on, however the first time i managed to get back in i had no memory card in, as i thought it might have been the problem, hmm i dont know i think i'm just a ****** in one way or another. But thank you for your help.
 
Posts: 86 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2008
#13
Originally Posted by saruji View Post
yes it is on, however the first time i managed to get back in i had no memory card in, as i thought it might have been the problem, hmm i dont know i think i'm just a ****** in one way or another. But thank you for your help.
Not knowing the answers is not a bad thing.



I had the WSOD, I did what you describe when trying to get a 8GB card to work, and panicked.

 
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010
#14
I have a big problem with my Nokia 770. It will not turn on. I will plug the charger in, and the white screen with the Nokia logo comes on for a few seconds and then shuts off. It will do the same thing when I unplug it. At first the battery, the charger and the charging pod were suspected culprits, but all came back fine. When I plug it into my computer, the bluetooth symbol appears in the upper right hand corner, but only when the charger is plugged in. My computer says it found new hardware, but then the Nokia shuts off again. It's been like this for over a month, and nobody can fix it. What is wrong?
 
Posts: 154 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Toronto
#15
Originally Posted by 327ren View Post
the white screen with the Nokia logo comes on for a few seconds and then shuts off.
Does it shut off completely? or does it remain on, displaying a blank white screen?

A blank white screen could be the notorious WSOD (White Screen Of Death), for which there is no known fix. However, WSOD rarely happens these days - it seems that only a certain number of 770's were susceptible to this failure, and they have mostly failed and been thrown away long ago.

If the screen shuts off completely, there is more hope for your 770.

You mention problems with charging, but you say that the battery is OK. Has someone tested the voltage and found that it has a full charge, or what? You will need a full battery before you can do anything else.

Have you tried removing the memory card before turning on the 770? Data corruption can happen any time and can lead to any number of weird effects.

If it still won't turn on, the next thing to try is to reflash. Have you done this? The procedure to use depends on whether your desktop computer uses Windows, Mac or Linux. You have to start with the 770 turned off, the memory card removed, and the battery full.

Assuming that you use Windows, you need to download and install (on your PC) the Nokia Internet Tablet Software Update Wizard, which you can get from here: http://europe.nokia.com/support/prod...ftware-upgrade .

After you have installed the Wizard on your PC, you can use it to automatically download and install the OS2006 operating system on your 770. Other operating systems are available from http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_770.php if you are interested in trying them.

Unfortunately, it has become difficult to find much help for the 770 on the wiki page at http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware. Links for the 770 are still there, but they are hard to find amid the great mass of material for the N900.

Last edited by scaler; 10-22-2010 at 05:48 PM.
 
Posts: 356 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
#16
nice to see people still are using 770. tells something about the IT and it's capabilities. I use mine connected to my stereo for listening to web radios. Just wanted to let you know
__________________
N900 as day to day phone
N770 for childrens music
 
Posts: 4,027 | Thanked: 1,615 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
#17
Originally Posted by 327ren View Post
I have a big problem with my Nokia 770. It will not turn on. I will plug the charger in, and the white screen with the Nokia logo comes on for a few seconds and then shuts off. It will do the same thing when I unplug it. At first the battery, the charger and the charging pod were suspected culprits, but all came back fine. When I plug it into my computer, the bluetooth symbol appears in the upper right hand corner, but only when the charger is plugged in. My computer says it found new hardware, but then the Nokia shuts off again. It's been like this for over a month, and nobody can fix it. What is wrong?
Dont have to read further. Power problem. Isolate either the battery is the problem or charger is the problem will solve the problem. I have seen this way too often. Yes, I am still using my 770. When the battery is down, 770 will behave like that.

bun
 
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:56 PM.