Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by BOFH View Post
It's not bluetooth but could passably be modded to do both 802.11 & Bluetooth.....

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/generic/991e/
If all it does is listen for 2.4Ghz signals, then it might react to bluetooth. I used to have a pen that flashed when cell phones got a ring signal. Was pretty cool, though the microwave at work made it go nuts too...

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Thanks for the suggestions and appreciations. Please let's keep this on-topic or let it sink

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by BOFH View Post
It's not bluetooth but could passably be modded to do both 802.11 & Bluetooth.....
I believe what he meant was the little Star Fleet insignias that they wear that act as communicators. You could, in theory, make one that is a bluetooth "headset", where tapping it would act like the switch on the N800 headphones, and it would do "hands free" voice sessions.

Originally Posted by SebaSOFT View Post
Actually if you played Doom3 you will see this icon everywhere. The Martian Buddy. It's part of a ficticious advertising campaign and spam mails that the Doom Marines get in their PDA's. The Color is for when you have mail, obviously.

P.S.: Yes we use Theme Maker

It might be part of the Doom3 world, but it still looks out of place, IMO.

If I were to use someone's face for that theme, it'd be the marine's face (I don't know about D3, but in D1, the marine's face appears in the bottom center of the screen, partially as a health indicator and partially as an indicator of where an attack is coming from).

Or maybe the helmeted marine face, that you see on your buddies when playing a networked game (or your enemies, when playing a deathmatch game).

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
I believe what he meant was the little Star Fleet insignias that they wear that act as communicators. You could, in theory, make one that is a bluetooth "headset", where tapping it would act like the switch on the N800 headphones, and it would do "hands free" voice sessions.
Yes, you could do that.

But you'd get so wedgied...

If I were to use someone's face for that theme, it'd be the marine's face (I don't know about D3, but in D1, the marine's face appears in the bottom center of the screen, partially as a health indicator and partially as an indicator of where an attack is coming from).

Or maybe the helmeted marine face, that you see on your buddies when playing a networked game (or your enemies, when playing a deathmatch game).
That's an excelent suggestion, and I certainly keep that in mind... The D3 marine's helmet is not as cute as the Doom 1 tough... When I finish the first skin I will post some other related ones, like the Evil possesed PDA...

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
I can't wait to get this Theme, it looks as if you've put alot into it already.

We need more 3rd parties creating this type of content to really get the NIT into the mainstream..

I will kinda wait for the new OS2008 comes up, because I think I will need to make several changes. Also I would like to have a word or two with the ThemeMaker author.
I don't think the OS2006/7 themes will be compatible with OS2008

That the bit that pissed my off the most (More then the changing of "Alien Monsters from Hell" into genetically engineered sub-humans) was that when he injected himself and the film went to FPS-Mode there was not a little-guys face as the bottom like the original games :/

The Following User Says Thank You to BOFH For This Useful Post:
Of all of the things that annoyed you the most about that awful movie, THAT's the one you're pissed off about the most? ;-)