Notices

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Fedmahn Kassad View Post
Why need that? I was thinking about setting aperture and using the bulb mode. In bulb pykake can control the exposure time for every image in the bracketing. So just input aperture and iso in pyKake and some algorithm will find out the exposure times and then using buld for every shot. pyKake would use the N900 light sensor for calculating the exposure time. There is already a light meter there for N900:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/luxus/
Yeah, I use luxus too.

I just didn't think that in that way as you thinked it and now as I read what you think that could be possible - at the some point, but not in next version which already includes pretty big changes (I'm currently rewriting the Gui and I will probably rewrite parts of the executional code too), but maybe in the later one.

Of course, if someone can create that algorithm to count the exposures, then I could try to get it in the next version. (Or even better, if it is script or class (hopefully in python) to include in the code, it would made it much easier to add in.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Yabba For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Yabba View Post
Of course, if someone can create that algorithm to count the exposures, then I could try to get it in the next version. (Or even better, if it is script or class (hopefully in python) to include in the code, it would made it much easier to add in.)
Thanks a lot. Maybe a a manual list of exposure times for 5, 7 and 9 images would be a starting point. That would be still useful because the user can find out the exposure times for every image by the camare, then program pykake. In such way one can avoid shaking the camera when talking adavnced HDRs since he don't need to change exposure time manually while camera is mounted on tripod right within a HDR session.

Thanks Yabba, after closer inspection and a fair bit of distance testing... Turns out it does indeed work, although from a distance of about five inches and no more, which is still very useful.

Originally Posted by Fumanchu View Post
Thanks Yabba, after closer inspection and a fair bit of distance testing... Turns out it does indeed work, although from a distance of about five inches and no more, which is still very useful.
Even you aim the ir sensor directly to the cameras sensor? Because I can shoot photos all the way to 2-3 meters (~6-9 foot, I haven't tested longer distances), so is the problem in differences of sensors in cameras or differences in quality of sensor used in N900.

So the questions for users of pyKake:
How far can you take a photo?
What is your camera?
And is there some changes in distance when you take photos inside, outside, dark and light?

Hello, the new gui is now ready, so the next thing is move and update the old functionality to work with it. This means the future is bright to get the new version (0.7) out before the month is end

To read more about the state of pyKake and see some screenshots about new Gui, se my blog

hi there guyz i m new here ... i was trying to install pykake from my application manager but it says "some application packages required for the installation are missing"....

plz help me out.. how can i install thiss app ???

Originally Posted by faraz_ks2009 View Post
hi there guyz i m new here ... i was trying to install pykake from my application manager but it says "some application packages required for the installation are missing"....

plz help me out.. how can i install thiss app ???
Which package is missing? This info would help me to help you. (Just press the pyKake section in the app manager long enough you got the Info pop-up open, where you (should) find out the name of missing package(s).)

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Groningen, Netherlands
Hey, great job on the application! I haven't had the chance to make some real photos with it yet, but it ofcourse works on my Canon 350D!

I was thinking about a cool feature for pyKake: an Interval-o-meter!

I'm no programmer but I think it wouldn't be hard to make. Just set the interval to a specific time (like 1 minute), and let the the N900 send out a signal every minute. Keep this going for 25minutes and you've got a one second timelapse!

I think this would be a really useful feature, and if I'm not wrong, not a hard one to implement

Originally Posted by lennartb View Post
Hey, great job on the application! I haven't had the chance to make some real photos with it yet, but it ofcourse works on my Canon 350D!

I was thinking about a cool feature for pyKake: an Interval-o-meter!

I'm no programmer but I think it wouldn't be hard to make. Just set the interval to a specific time (like 1 minute), and let the the N900 send out a signal every minute. Keep this going for 25minutes and you've got a one second timelapse!

I think this would be a really useful feature, and if I'm not wrong, not a hard one to implement
Thanks

And guess what? The timelapse / Interval-o-meter is already in it I just kicked the new version 0.7.0 to the extras-devel, whit new Qt Gui and all. So if you feel brave, go and take it to use, but first, read this (at least the disclaimer), so you do it for your own risk

For more info about the release 0.7 at here. And as you can read, I won't kick it to the extras-testing, so if you want to play safe, use the 0.6 (except the same rules in extras-testing as in extras-devel). And voting the app could be nice too, but only if it fill the criteria.

Ok, if you don't want to reflash you device, do not install 0.7.0, or at least don't update to it, do the fresh install, I'm not sure does that work better, but at least, if you update from 0.6 to 0.7, you can't remove it (apt-manager crashes). I don't know yet why, but that is the truth.

But anyways, it is in Extras-devel, you should know the risk

Edit: The error is in post-install script and it may get fixed in later update (tomorrow). I belive that when updating app, it should also updates the install/removing scripts and if this is done by maemo, then this bug will be fixed in update, if maemo won't do that, then the update system is bad. If you have already have install 0.7, don't remove it, that will cause the damage, wait the update (all but remove app should work perfectly :P).

Last edited by Yabba; 2010-10-24 at 19:12. Reason: More info