Active Topics

the problem i have is my speaker on my phone has stopped working somehow, i can not hear any1 if i get a call but can still hear the caller if i put them on loud speaker, i ordered a new speaker off ebay & fitted it myself only for it 2 still not be working so this morning i decided to reflash despite a lot of work going in2 my n900 with icons etc & it is still not working, i have tried playing around in alsamixer & cant seem to get it working if any1 could help me that would be great!

The Following User Says Thank You to pedro-25 For This Useful Post:
You could try plugging/unplugging things from the headphone socket and checking the phones responce in XTerm. I made an earlier post about it here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...118#post844118
This will tell you if the device is switching input/output modes correctly.

It may sound really daft but you have adjusted the volume; phone earpiece, phone speaker, media player speakers, etc... all have a different and independent volume settings (as you have re-flashed I doubt it's this)

Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
You could try plugging/unplugging things from the headphone socket and checking the phones responce in XTerm. I made an earlier post about it here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...118#post844118
This will tell you if the device is switching input/output modes correctly.

It may sound really daft but you have adjusted the volume; phone earpiece, phone speaker, media player speakers, etc... all have a different and independent volume settings (as you have re-flashed I doubt it's this)
i have tried putting in the headset & taking it out, i can hear through the headset & hear on loudspeaker just not on normal call speaker, i have tried playing with settings in alsamixer i have reflashed twice & changed the speaker for a new1 but its still not working, i will have a look at your thread now & see if anything works!

bump this thread, stil no fix can any1 help?

bump again any1 got any ideas? i have now flashed to pr1.3 & still no fix

Send it back to Nokia for repair.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Manchester
Bumping this thread because I'm experiencing the same problem since upgrading to PR 1.3 (may be a coincidence)

The phone speaker will occasionally work after a shutdown/restart, but more often than not, complete silence. I can always get audio on the loudspeaker.

@pedro-25 - did you use the Nokia Software Updater, or the Flasher? (described here http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware). I've only tried the NSU so far.

There's a post here showing how to route all sound through the earpiece
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=800577&postcount=2

Having had no sound through the earpiece for phone calls at all yesterday, I tried running the script and all sounds were indeed routed through the earpiece.

Then rang my landline on skype and audio worked. Rebooted the device and audio was still working.

This morning, audio was no longer coming through the earpiece on incoming cellular calls. Ran the amixer commands again and still no audio, so I was starting to suspect a hardware fault.

Switched profiles to silent and back to quickly reset the audio settings and then audio came back through the earpiece on incoming cellular calls.

There's a general issue logged in bugzilla somewhere about dropping audio on phone calls which I'll try and find time to update today with this info.

Hi all. I’m Daniel, and I’m a noobie in MAEMO (Linux) and I just got my N900 like two weeks ago. (-and I’m amazed with it)
After using it for 2 days, I lunched Marble game for the first time; I heard a background noise while the game was running. I thought it might be the game’s fault.
When I got home (3-5 hours later), my device won’t make any sound anymore, no more phone talk, no speaker, no MediaPlayer sound, no nothing! All I can hear is my right speaker making a very small noise, Left one is dead. The only way to use my phone is with a BT handsfree. That way, I have music, game sound, making calls, etc.
I checked, the microphone is working, so people can hear me talk. I can’t hear ****.
I connected it to TV, no sound. Wired handsfree, no sound. standard 3.5mm headset, no sound.
I went to NOKIA CENTER to fix it, they worked on it for 2 days, and nothing came up. As we –in IRAN- have sanctions and no warranty, I have to throw it out and get a new one!!!
BTW, buzzer checked ok.
I was wondering did anybody go through same cr**? Any ideas?

Strange that bluetooth works for you for audio and not anything else, but it's not really the same issue that myself and pedro-25 had.

For me, it was only resolved with a repair by Nokia. I may have given you false hope with my previous post but it got to the point that the earpiece would never work.

I can only suggest reflashing the hardware or paying for a repair somehow.