Active Topics

Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Received this email from Nokia. Called them earlier in the week to say they had my N900 since 9 September and that second week of November was totally unacceptable and if I did not receive a replacement this week then I wanted a refund. Guess they were not too keen on refunding my $625. Anyone else that has been waiting ages for a replacement from Nokia US like i have try giving them a call and make a fuss.

My N900 is of course in the US and I live in the UK so still need to work out how to get it to me in the UK without paying some ridiculous customs duty charges.

"Your device, serial number XXXX, has been updated with the following status:

A replacement Nokia N900 device, serial number XXXX, has been shipped for your original Nokia N900 device, serial number , under Nokia's replacement program. Your device was shipped via shipping vendor on Fri Sep 24 00:00:00 GMT 2010.

Thank you very much for being a valued Nokia Customer!

Sincerely, Nokia Customer Care
"
Yeah since we were in the same boat with the Alabama center I was curious if you would get one soon. I almost feel guilty for telling you I got my replacement yesterday. lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
so i did something to my n900's usb port. this is a one-shot thing, so if it screw up, cant use the micro usb ort anymore.

what i did is putting a little bit bond on the n900 plastic body and the usb port. risky coz a wrong move will make any charger or data cable unable to fit on the port. but in my case, im lucky.

i dont recommend this to anyone, so if you want to do it, its not my fault if something screw up. its like some of the parts of the device near the usb port has a chance of being clogged.

i used a bond glue for this one...

pics below.

one small issue(s) occured after my application on the bond glue is a loss of a little tactility on the ctrl/sym button on keyboard. a small amount of grip was added when plugging/unplugging the filed down charger and date cable, but not a major issue, i can still pull out the charger and data cable easily. and yes.....its still working

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-10-23 at 22:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Week 6 now here in germany without my n900, nokias taking too long without telling me where my phone is.

Getting this whole case to the lawyer now, enough is enough, time getting some rights back!

The Following User Says Thank You to boxkillor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Brighton, UK
Just been advised that my local care centre can't repair the USB port. My N900 is on its way back to Nokia for either a mainboard swap or total replacement. Wish I'd gone direct to Nokia - might have saved me 3 days and possibly got a C6 to use in the meantime.

Just a head's up foe people returning their phones to the Alabama center. My N900 was received by nokia on 10/22 and they sent a replacement today (10/26). This is my first time using one of my nokia warranties, so nokia is doing great in my book. Hopefully it isn't a refurbished unit tho

The Following User Says Thank You to Fresh Prince of Nowhere For This Useful Post:
I too sent mine into the Alabama center aswell, they received it yesterday, I sent it in last friday. its put in a queue right now according to the status. Time will tell.Hope things go well.

Got a update on the status of my phone

Current Status Repair in Progress
10/27/10 Shipped Repaired Original Phone
10/26/10 Received
10/21/10 Pending Receipt by the Repair Center

I sent an email to Nokia requesting what was repaired, did the resolder the microusb? Was there another issue? I don't want to have to send it in again.
Was hoping for a new N900, but if they fixed the problem with the weak microusb, then I can't complain.

Nokia has email me stating "In response to your concern about the repair of your Nokia N900, we would like to inform you that our repair center replaced the charging port of your device to resolve the issue that you have encountered. In line with this matter, we would also like to inform you that there is no need for you to worry that the same issue will occur again."

Last edited by hurth3x; 2010-10-28 at 12:43. Reason: update status

lol got mine back today, !YAY! .... its a replacement, brand new, but!! ... its one of those devices which cant get a higher clock than "lv 850"... so therefore Nokia still sucks !!! omg, how bad they are.

I waited over 6 weeks!

Originally Posted by boxkillor View Post
lol got mine back today, !YAY! .... its a replacement, brand new, but!! ... its one of those devices which cant get a higher clock than "lv 850"... so therefore Nokia still sucks !!! omg, how bad they are.

I waited over 6 weeks!
What!? Are there some N900's that have an 850 over clock limit? I didn't know that. Really hope the replacement they gave me is not one of those.

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
What!? Are there some N900's that have an 850 over clock limit? I didn't know that. Really hope the replacement they gave me is not one of those.
I should have my phone on Friday. I'm really hoping that I can overclock it over 850 because I've had my phone running at 1000 so going back feels sluggish.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fresh Prince of Nowhere For This Useful Post:
no i dont know of theres a oc limit, but as in the oc guide written theres a only a 10% chance that ur phone can get higher rates tha 850.

Mines one of those which only run at 850, no matter which profile i use. Lv,ulv,xlv or ideal, it is immediatly crashing if i oc it to 900 or higher.

The Following User Says Thank You to boxkillor For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty