Active Topics

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Whinging poms

ex pom convict

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Self-induced disappointment from overblown expectations is your own fault
Lol it wasn't mine buddy, I wasn't really expecting anything big with the PR1.3. All I want is to get the stupid camera bug fixed
I hate taking video and stuttering, frames dropped and taking picture with ISO setting

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by neotalk View Post
ex pom convict
Wrong there.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Florida
It won't let me update without pc suite, pc suite won't let me update it, and word on the web neither will Ovi Suite. Also I read people loss the ability to watch facebook video. They even tried to reinstall tweakflash. Another complained about losing all his concacts. I think I am going to shy away from this update for a while. Good luck to Maemo and those that update!

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
A lot of my apps now don't work with PR1.3 (Mupen64Plus, Hermes, Mobile Hotspot - extras apps I guess). I guess it would be because of the power kernel being disabled in the update?

The above command gives this:
/bin/sh: kernel-config: not found

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
more performance is ALWAYS welcome... so i guess PR1.3 is a EXCELLENT UPDATE!

im about to install it, and i hope that VSYNC will be fixed with the updated SGX530 driver.

...and i really hope it isnt the last... and that we'll get flash10.1 in either Maemo or Meego - as well as a fix for the Dropping frames in videocam...

Last edited by S0urcerr0r; 2010-10-26 at 00:30.

what performance improvement? self-induced disappointment? so i'd guess using my n900 is pretty self-induced. bugs such as music lag during rotation/power button is still there. it is pretty annoying, and u really have not use the device to not notice it. so is it too much to ask for them to fix some obvious bugs? i guess the best way is not use any nokia device again, then there won't be self-induced.

The Following User Says Thank You to kazuki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
just run
Code:
sudo gainroot
kernel-config load
This will tell you the commands to re-enable it.
this works fine for me after a reboot...thank you.

Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by 5spdvl View Post
The above command gives this:
/bin/sh: kernel-config: not found
open a terminal
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install --reinstall -y kernel-power kernel-power-flasher

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Downloaded and updated via ovi suite. Made a backup on the phone and in ovi suite beforehand. Phone rebooted then I applied the ovi backup, phone rebooted to almost-like out of the box. annoying! only contacts and photos were restored. Phone backup (via sd card) restored all my geeky settings, and then app manager redownloaded all my apps. Haven't checked everything yet, but MfE still won't sync google calendar, and nothing looks or feels any different. Gave 2 hours of my spare time to this, wasted I reckon. Funny - I had a strange feeling it would be like this, maybe something to do with previous nokia updates..? I just hope those "hundreds of" performance tweaks aren't total BS.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:

Tags
flatulent troll, richard cranium