Active Topics

No longer supported in PR 1.3? Anyone managed to get a work around....having my phone without working GPS guidance is absolutely no use to me.

It installed smoothly and works fine on my N900. I installed it right after installing root.sh. Then re-installed applications I had under PR1.2. Only after that did I start SMM10. It worked fine with no hiccups

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Makati, Philippines
Broken, like, it doesn't launch? I just updated to PR1.3 and MM10 still works (although I can't get a signal since I'm indoors). Have you tried reinstalling it?

After attempting a manual dpkg -i from the command line (as super user), I was able to see that the problems arise from write permission over folders from previous install.

Why application manager doesn't provide an error report I will never know...maybe I should switch to synaptic.

Anyway.
Delete old res, drive + maps folders and all goes smoothly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bandario For This Useful Post:
Installer was just failing with no specific error. Fixed now, thanks guys.

My PR1.3 update went smoothly but I did have to re-install all of my applications.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by bandario View Post
After attempting a manual dpkg -i from the command line (as super user), I was able to see that the problems arise from write permission over folders from previous install.

Why application manager doesn't provide an error report I will never know...maybe I should switch to synaptic.

Anyway.
Delete old res, drive + maps folders and all goes smoothly.
where can i find those?

When connected to computer - root of N900

via device, in your MyDocs folder.

Select Res, Maps and Drive folders using CTRL.

Hold shift and press delete on keyboard for permanent wipe.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
I have the same problem - installed PR 1.3 and now Sygic MM10 boots up, but I get the error message - No GPS Signal check hardware settings.

I have uninstalled / reinstalled Sygic and it did not solve the issue.

Can someone please help with a fix - in simple non-computer literate steps...please!

cheers

For me, MM 10 install worked fine. However Mobile Maps doesn't work as well as it used to. It works fine for half an hour or so and suddenly after that tha back light turns off and the maps become very slow. When you try to exit and restart, the application doesn't start and simply dies off. The only way is to restart the phone and then it starts working again and then again exhibits the same symptoms after 30 minutes or so

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Sygic MM10 works perfectly on pr1.3 in my device guess ur unlucky.
edit: mine also after half an hour or so turns the backlight off and then stops responding and maps freeze but u could bring it back to life by closing and reopening the app again