Active Topics

Originally Posted by alexnat4 View Post
Yes I'm having the same problem. My conversations are sporadic. For example, I get 6 msgs at once, and can only view 1 of them. All my conversation history has disappeared, and all my call logs have disappeared. This started happening about a week ago. Have done nothing to my phone of note.

Only app I installed was the level pack 2 expansion for angry birds. If I turn the phone off and on, it seems to try and download every conversation (ie. txt msg) from the last week, but then, nothing in conversations.
Hi, I'm having the same problem, did you manage to get it fixed & how? Thank u!

hi, no I haven't..... still trawling through "no conversation history n900" as a google search to try and find an answer.

If anyone can help - when I select Conversations, it says no conversation history. If someone SMS's me, I can see the entire history of conversations with that person, but they have to SMS me.

The only other issue that showed up about the time of this issue, is that I have no call history.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany

Found this command when googling "nokia n900 conversations reset":

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/archive/t-1079690.html

the command:

rm -rf .rtcom-eventlogger

worked for me! It also kept my previous conversation history, which is always good.. and it also started keeping call history again as well.

Cheers,

Alex

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
And me too, but only for one contact.
It's not free space issue. I have 12Mb/800Mb/>1Gb on root/home/MyDocs and can install new apps without any problems.
I can assume that this can be caused by some smileys which are similar to sql syntax or by renaming the contact. Or by extending it's data with some non-typical information. Or by some conversations addons: I have Skype, GoogleTalk, ICQ, Ovi and Vkontakte (russian [anti]social network, clone of facebook that enabled jabber for all users) accounts activated at least once.

Another symptom is that for this contact statuses of new messages cannot be updated: I can see notification that sms was delivered, but in conversation window it's still can be seen as awaiting to be sent.

Will try to see .db

Was bugreport ever created about this?

I just deleted db and will try to analyze them if the problem repeats, but for someone who wants to investigate the situation the commands are:
sqlite3 ~/rtcom-eventlogger/el*.db
.help
.tables
select * from Events;

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ North America, west coast
I have a slightly different question: how do I make backups of the conversation? I guess it's in a text file; I'll eventually figure out how to read the format if it's not in the standard format, but I need to know in what file/directory the conversations are stored.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by kwtm View Post
I have a slightly different question: how do I make backups of the conversation? I guess it's in a text file; I'll eventually figure out how to read the format if it's not in the standard format, but I need to know in what file/directory the conversations are stored.
It's in an sqlite database at ~/.rtcom-eventlogger/el-v1.db

Use sqlite3 to manipulate the database.

It is now bug 11464! Go vote for it.

Tags
misused tags, troll tags, troll thread