Active Topics

Poll: Did PR 1.3 meet YOUR PERSONAL EXPECTATIONS???
Poll Options
Did PR 1.3 meet YOUR PERSONAL EXPECTATIONS???

Originally Posted by AMLJ View Post
Does PR 1.2 support video calls over 3G?
In terms of GChat and Skype? Yes. You could even try over 2G but it wouldn't be pretty (not like it is already).

In terms of from a 3G phone to 3G phone (mostly seen in Europe and Japan, not in the USA) then no. Note: This does not mean you cannot use GTalk or Skype to talk to someone else who is using Skype on another phone. These are two seperate things.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Minnesota
We will never get that far. 1.4 is full meego development edition for the n900. Speculation infact but probably true.

BTW I wanted to see legitimate disappointment in the update, not trolls, come one people do you know what common curtsy is.

Last edited by T-unit; 2010-10-27 at 03:24.

What amazes me the most about these threads is that people will complain and ***** and moan about the phone (which I have to admit I like a great deal - just finished a 2 hours NFSU session FTW). Yet they stick around these forums like a unwashed jock strap at the bottom of a gym bag and call anyone who even remotely supports Nokia a fanboy.

This isnt even a goddamn Nokia forum. Its talk.MAEMO.org, not talk.n900.org or even talk.nokia.org. My support is primarily for the OS which continues to get better and better.

If you are that unhappy with the OS then load up gentoo on it - others have. Works just fine from what I have read. Or Ubuntu, or debian. Hell do something other than complain every time a new BUGFIX release comes out (this is the 3rd major one in under a year by the way - no support?).

Failing that please - just leave. Have your little whine - then take your bat,ball and new phone and go whine on their forums. Let the rest of us get on with improving the maemo experience in peace.

On a personal note - I have tried Android, tried BB, tried palm, tried iphone and tried windows mobile (though not the new 7 vers) and quite frankly my N900 still is the most functional mobile computer I have ever had.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
Who forced you to read this thread? Just think of all the annoyance and unwashed jockstraps you could have spared yourself from had you not wandered into this particular gym bag!

Seriously... don't read them if they bother you, all you are doing by posting is perpetuating the thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to stopgap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mhamza View Post
Why some posters are taking it so personal, if u find it really helpful update then congrats, and i am happy for you.

it is all about expectations if u dont expect, this is your own peoblem, i do,
and about that funny word about reading mind YES, part of competetion and success is to read mind of customers
I can give you a quick tip: reading would make your life easier. no need to read minds or other stuff like that, you only have to understand what you read.

as you can see, there are people criticizing your comments because they have read and understood too.

N900 is awesome, but if this doesn't appeal to you, it is not my fault that you have done really bad decision:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/10/n...ental-illness/
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by roger_27 View Post
<quoted post deleted>
learn to respect others views. N900 doesnt come cheap and if someoen has bought it, its with their hard earned money. I also didnt expect turn by turn not to be there when i bought my device. If he feels disappointed with the update he has all rights to do so.

Linux Based Devices : Motorokr e6 | Nokia N900

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2010-10-27 at 10:58. Reason: quoted post deleted

The Following User Says Thank You to sdesai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sdesai View Post
learn to respect others views. N900 doesnt come cheap and if someoen has bought it, its with their hard earned money. I also didnt expect turn by turn not to be there when i bought my device. If he feels disappointed with the update he has all rights to do so.
yes and then he can create a blog and vent the frustration there.
e: example: http://n8fail.tumblr.com/

if I am pissed, I am not going to a random place somewhat related and start trashing the place and shouting insults to people. maemo.org isn't nokia and if you are pissed to nokia, coming here is almost like if you are pissed to granny next door and you go shouting to retirement home.

http://www.forum.nokia.com/
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-10-27 at 04:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Failing that please - just leave. Have your little whine - then take your bat,ball and new phone and go whine on their forums.
I had to thank you because you spelled whine correctly. Not even kidding.

To the guy that started this thread, for his first post, asking now why we are upset about his opinion -- it's a complete lack of respect for everyone here when you start a thread like this on your first post, and write it in ALL CAPS with a bunch of !!! at the end. It's not an opinion, it's a whine. "a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound"
ANNOYING!!
I'm sure most people here are able to be reasonable, see from others viewpoints, and respect opinions. So yeah, i'll read, think, and reply. Now that you've seen the mess you made, are you happy? Do you really think 57 bugs fixed + performance increases = LITTLE? Did you file some bug reports somewhere that they promised to fix and didn't?
Don't even get me started on Flash 10.1
Flash is a closed (controlled by adobe, no source) platform. If you think you need this, you bought the wrong phone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
I had to thank you because you spelled whine correctly. Not even kidding.

To the guy that started this thread, for his first post, asking now why we are upset about his opinion -- it's a complete lack of respect for everyone here when you start a thread like this on your first post, and write it in ALL CAPS with a bunch of !!! at the end. It's not an opinion, it's a whine. "a long, high-pitched complaining cry or sound"
ANNOYING!!
I'm sure most people here are able to be reasonable, see from others viewpoints, and respect opinions. So yeah, i'll read, think, and reply. Now that you've seen the mess you made, are you happy? Do you really think 57 bugs fixed + performance increases = LITTLE? Did you file some bug reports somewhere that they promised to fix and didn't?
Don't even get me started on Flash 10.1
Flash is a closed (controlled by adobe, no source) platform. If you think you need this, you bought the wrong phone.
Flash was reported as one of the big features of this phone when it launched, so to say he bought the wrong one doesn't really stand. As for the 10.1 aspect, already many popular sites are not working (needlessly, as it is laziness/incompetence on the developers part a lot of the time). To be perfectly frank, Nokia stated that the N900 comes with Flash - it didn't say it comes with Flash 9, this will be the only version.

It'd be less of an annoyance if it weren't present already on other devices. Nokia don't want to pay the fees to allow their users to upgrade it would seem. Expectation of flash being upgraded in due course, at the time of buy and even after - reasonable I say.

The Following User Says Thank You to stopgap For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
Flash was reported as one of the big features of this phone when it launched, so to say he bought the wrong one doesn't really stand. As for the 10.1 aspect, already many popular sites are not working (needlessly, as it is laziness/incompetence on the developers part a lot of the time). To be perfectly frank, Nokia stated that the N900 comes with Flash - it didn't say it comes with Flash 9, this will be the only version.

It'd be less of an annoyance if it weren't present already on other devices. Nokia don't want to pay the fees to allow their users to upgrade it would seem. Expectation of flash being upgraded in due course, at the time of buy and even after - reasonable I say.
And at the time of release this was the ONLY phone doing FULL flash added to that is the fact that it DID explicitly specify the flash version both in the specs and several reviews posted prior to the release.

As for flash being present on other devices. Welcome to technology. The device you just bought was basically obsolete the day you purchased it. Complaining because devices that are 6-12 months more recent than the N900 are FINALLY getting flash and the N900 isn't shows a failure to grasp the pace at which tech - especially this mobile tech - is currently moving.

On a final note - the flash tweaker I does a pretty good job of fooling most sites that we they should run flash content just fine and I am sure that if you REALLY applied yourself you could find the TI release of the flash plugin somewhere in the big wild internets.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following User Says Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:

Tags
fanbois cry, harsh reality, head splitting, noob noise, qt and bugfixes, rraaggee!!!, shitter thread, waaaaahhh