Notices

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
The good news is that Qt on N900 now officially supports the FM receiver, although maybe a bit buggy at the moment.

OTOH I'm working on a D-Bus service for making it really easy for developers to use the tuner in their applications or even shell scripts.

So the future for FM FRadio looks bright!
Will it be possible to use FM Radio without activate the bluetooth? If you need some ideas, advices (i'm not a developper) I'll be happy to help you.

Originally Posted by TiagoTiago View Post
A good radio tuner program, IMO, should have many different interfaces for tunning, including memorizing stations on a "speedtune" keypad and using those scrollable numbers you got for defining the frequency of the transmitter, bonus points for auto-tunning (like on real radios, where you hit a button to go up or down and it will search for the next station in that direction).
Very much agreed. Thanks pycage for your work in bringing us closer to this point.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Please add more candy I like it sweet.

Can someone make a QT version of FM Radio? Python version is terrible, it drained a lot of CPU cycle and RAM. Very unstable and sometimes crashed like no tomorrow.
Yes i totally agree... the fm radio has been good in the past but I think its time for a better one, a new one. The current one is very buggy

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by gruik View Post
Will it be possible to use FM Radio without activate the bluetooth? If you need some ideas, advices (i'm not a developper) I'll be happy to help you.
No, as it's the same piece of hardware.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
The good news is that Qt on N900 now officially supports the FM receiver, although maybe a bit buggy at the moment.

OTOH I'm working on a D-Bus service for making it really easy for developers to use the tuner in their applications or even shell scripts.

So the future for FM FRadio looks bright!
Looking forward to that

I was wondering if configuring the FM receiver through the sysfs interface indeed works. It seems that when I'm trying to tune the frequency by writing to the /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-3/3-0022/fm_frequency file, the file was successfully modified but the receiver is not correctly tuned to the desired frequency.

Could you give me some hint?

Originally Posted by yumacbeth View Post
Looking forward to that

I was wondering if configuring the FM receiver through the sysfs interface indeed works. It seems that when I'm trying to tune the frequency by writing to the /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-3/3-0022/fm_frequency file, the file was successfully modified but the receiver is not correctly tuned to the desired frequency.

Could you give me some hint?
Bash version of E.F.F. (look at my signature) seems it works and tunes fine the reciever.