Active Topics

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by ddwwf1 View Post
looks like we blame the networks https://twitter.com/Nokia_UK
Easiest route for Nokia: "it's not our fault". Many of we UK users are on generic UK firmware, not a branded carrier version. They release a seperate version for Vodafone, sure, but if I'm not on a Vodafone handset I shouldn't have to wait for Vodafone's approval.

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by jah25 View Post
I'm in the UK and I flashed to the global firmware to update to 1.3, but now I can't set up Mail for Exchange, doesn't even show up as a choice under service providers. Anybody else have the same problem?
I think you want a different thread :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to tomchiverton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
I like the fact that they actually announced the release yesterday...
Great new Nokia N900 software update available http://bit.ly/bSHgOi
but we still can't get it. I wish I'd installed the leaked version last week. It's not on really that they haven't got a UK version considering we're in week 43 now and the release is from week 36.
I'm going to flash the global firmware.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
I think you want a different thread :-)
Not really sure where to put my question, my initial thought is that Vodafone's not recognizing my phone since I'm on a different firmware, if that's the case then my comment could help folks in this thread find a reason for the delay, no?

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ cambridge,england
i was on vodafone firmware i reflashed too uk firmware during the 1.1.1 update due to vodafone sucking. on monday when uk version wasnt reliesed i flashed to the global version i see no differance at all between the two versions content wise but 1.3 is sweet as now my phone is a damn sight faster than ever before i advice people just to flash global theres no piont getting frustrated over uk and vodafone versions.

The Following User Says Thank You to bill.d For This Useful Post:
vodafone are probably applying presure on nokia to get skype removed ,they have been wanting it gone from the n900 since forever:Pmaybe nokia have caved in on the uk version :P

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by jah25 View Post
Not really sure where to put my question, my initial thought is that Vodafone's not recognizing my phone since I'm on a different firmware, if that's the case then my comment could help folks in this thread find a reason for the delay, no?
This could explain my issue, i have flashed global firmaware and every reboot i lose my contacts. Hopefully the UK firmware will resolve this, but i doubt it.

Originally Posted by DJRedline View Post
This could explain my issue, i have flashed global firmaware and every reboot i lose my contacts. Hopefully the UK firmware will resolve this, but i doubt it.
im on vodafone network but reflashed global . im not losing my contacts on reboot and mail for exchange is still there and working in fact everything works better and faster than before maybe you need to flash again

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by bill.d View Post
vodafone are probably applying presure on nokia to get skype removed ,they have been wanting it gone from the n900 since forever:Pmaybe nokia have caved in on the uk version :P
Vodafone would get some serious stick for removing a feature without warning, as Sony did with Playstation firmware changes etc.
There isn't a way to provide very much in the way of detail in the upgrade message itself, so they'd be restricted to a popup post-install, when it's too late.

But we stray from the point :-)

It seems to me Nokia have already released the UK version.......the global release! Don't see why Nokia would make the UK any different so likelihood it is the networks.
After the fiasco of PR1.2 for us Vodafone customers most of us have probably experienced flashing before anyway.

So why the hold up?

If memory serves PR1.2 was released in the UK first so no reason for 1.3 to be delayed.

Conclusion......it is the networks.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.............its probably a duck!

I wouldn't be surprised if its Vodafone's 'check' process that is holding it up for all.

Lets save the Nokia bashing for something worthwhile and put this one firmly in the networks court!

The Following User Says Thank You to pentetic For This Useful Post: