Active Topics

Notices

Queen BeeCon Widget release 1.3 is now in extras-devel
Partial Change Log
Code:
queen-beecon (1.3)

* New: Ability to sense Phone Orientation and execute scripts accordingly + Relevant configuration parameters (updOnOrientation)
  * New: Phone Orientation Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which hold $QBW_ORIENTATION_MODE, $QBW_ORIENTATION_STAND, $QBW_ORIENTATION_FACE, $QBW_ORIENTATION_X, $QBW_ORIENTATION_Y, $QBW_ORIENTATION_Z
  * New: Ability to sense GPS/Location information and execute scripts accordingly + Relevant configuration parameters (GPSsettings)
  * New: GPS/Location Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which hold $QBW_LOCATION_FIX current position FIX in string form
  * New: Added option to wrap text results and relevant configuration parameter resWrapLongLines 
  * New: New about box in Advanced Settings dialog Box with Application Name, Description, Version, Buttons for "Visit website" "Report bug" "Donate", Copyright info 
  * New: Added confirmation in Command Deletion Dialog Box
  * New: Added the possibility to completely hide widget and display only the animation when updating (useful for example to draw on-click/press FX frames and visual feedback to buttons)
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which holds the current X position of QBW widget ($QBW_POSITION_X); useful for dynamic update/processing of widget according to its position on screen  
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which holds the current Y position of QBW widget ($QBW_POSITION_Y); useful for dynamic update/processing of widget according to its position on screen  
  * New: Implementation of toggle for multi-click support (quicker click response if disabled); with relevant settings & configuration parameter "multiClick"   
  * New: Implementation of DBUS methods: reset_rearm_connection
  * New: Implementation of DBUS methods: reset_rearm_location
  * New: Implementation of DBUS methods: reset_rearm_orientation
  * New: Implementation of DBUS methods: reset_rearm_dbus_monitor
  * Changed: Complete QBW icons restyle!!!
  * Changed: Changed some settings sensitivity logic according to enablement of relevant function
  * Changed: Command Input Buffer in Advanced Settings Dialog Box now accepts linebreaks in the input for improved command readability
  * Changed: Progress Animation is now not shown if widget is set to invisible 
  * Changed: @connection events now have their management subsystem and gets activated only for instances requiring it 
  * Changed: Changed logger verbosity @connection event 
  * Changed: Restyle in Update Policy Settings 
  * Changed: UI Restyle in Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog Box  
  * Changed: UI Restyle in Widget Size Settings  
  * Changed: UI Restyle in Widget Positioning Settings  
  * Changed: More verbosity for Pango Markup Language inconsistencies notification (Now instance id and offending command title are displayed) 
  * Changed: Optimization in wakeup/sleep logic (better error management and notifications)
  * Bugfixing: Instance parameters related to commands (instanceTitle, instanceCmd) where not poperly updated when edited both in Advanced Dialog Box and in Command Add/Edit/Delete dialog box; fixed
  * Bugfixing: Network connection/disconnection logic; fixed
  * Bugfixing: In Advanced Dialg Box, export of command not in list caused SEGFAULT; fixed

queen-beecon (1.2)

* New: All work and no play makes No!No!No!Yes! a dull boy - Release Candidate to Extras (1.0.53 -> 1.2)    
  * Changed: All work and no play makes No!No!No!Yes! a dull boy - Release Candidate to Extras (1.0.53 -> 1.2)
  * Bugfixing: All work and no play makes No!No!No!Yes! a dull boy - Release Candidate to Extras (1.0.53 -> 1.2)

queen-beecon (1.0.53)

* New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which holds the current width of QBW widget ($QBW_WIDTH); useful for dynamic recalculation of click hotspots 
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which holds the current height of QBW widget ($QBW_HEIGHT); useful for dynamic recalculation of click hotspots
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which holds the exit status of the last previous executed command ($QBW_PREVIOUS_EXIT_STATUS)
  * New: Added new Network Connection Event condition (NETWORK__PASSTHROUGH) which will trigger the execution of command at every Network Related event. Management of the connection event status will be completely delegated to the command through $QBW_IS_CONNECTED and $QBW_EXEC_REASON=="QBW_CONNECTION_EVENT" Parameter Variables substitution.  
  * Changed: Optimized "cancel on exec in progress" logic   
  * Bugfixing: Some network connection status change issues; fixed

queen-beecon (1.0.52)

* New: In Command and Instance import in Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog Box, command title is now checked for existence, if existent "+"s are appendend till name is unique  
  * New: In Add/Edit Command Dialog box, command title is now checked for existence, if existent, user is now asked for unique name  
  * Changed: -   
  * Bugfixing: Both in Settings and in Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog Box, Command Selection button was not correctly re-populated after operations on commands list (add/delete/import); fixed

queen-beecon (1.0.51)

* New: Added Reset/Truncate Logfile action to Logger Verbosity Button in Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog Box
  * Changed: -   
  * Bugfixing: -

queen-beecon (1.0.5)

* New: Possibility to directly modify the "rememberMe" parameter from the output of the executed command (without using the DBUS interface which is much slower) for using with scripts which need to hold/manipulate status or persistency information. Just echo the following string (which will not be displayed) as output of your command "QBW_REMEMBER_ME(<content to be remembered>)" no angle brackets; escape "close round bracket" like this "\)" to store it as ")" 
  * Changed: Extended warning message in case of inconsistent Pango Markup Language output ("QBW Warning! Possible Pango Markup Language inconsistent/unterminated Tag!")   
  * Changed: Extended warning message in case of inconsistent/non-UTF-8 output in TestDrive output Buffer ("QBW Warning! Expected/Shown Command Output mismatch. Possible charset different from UTF-8!")   
  * Bugfixing: QBW re-enable on double-click logic bugged; fixed

queen-beecon (1.0.4)

* New: Implemented the possibility to have the Progress Animation displayed at widget click X,Y coordinates; with relevant configuration parameter "progressAnimationAtClickXY"   
  * New: Implemented the possibility to hide the background Canvas on click both for Beecons and Snippets with relevant configuration parameter "hideClickCanvas"   
  * Changed: Some optimizations in QBW at startup, expecially for instances with execute @startup flag; should speed up widget appearance
  * Changed: Checks for obsolete instances in configuration file moved to Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog; check is performed upon entering. 
  * Changed: Some optimizations in progress icon animation logic
  * Changed: Some optimization in multiple-clicks management
  * Bugfixing: Command output for Test Drive in Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog still buggy and not displaying complete output; fixed
  * Bugfixing: Logic for multiple clicks count was a bit bugged; fixed
  * Bugfixing: DBUS Signal emission at end of command execution was misplaced ; fixed
  * Bugfixing: Logging info incorrect for timeout seconds count function GetSeconds; fixed

queen-beecon (1.0.3)

* New: Added button to change Logger Verbosity in Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog Box
  * New: Implementation of Command and Results image orientation angle (w/ relevant configuration parameters)
  * New: Added edit box in Settings Dialog for "rememberMe" value. Can now be initialized also from widget and not only via DBUS method  
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which holds the number of times a QBW was pressed/clicked: $QBW_CLICKS_COUNT; useful for handling single/double/triple... clicks and behave accordingly (Tested up to 12 ... :) )
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which hold X and Y coordinates where a QBW was pressed/clicked: $QBW_CLICK_X, $QBW_CLICK_Y; useful for handling different arbitrary/dynamic hotspots on widgets via launched shell scripts 
  * Changed: Now QBW instances with status disabled/minimized (black small 60x60 inactive sleeping bee icon) are enable again on double-click and non on single-click
  * Bugfixing: TestDrive in Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog Box was not fetching the whole command output; fixed   
  * Bugfixing: Typos in "Edit Cmd" Dialog Box title; fixed   
  * Bugfixing: Not proper memory deallocation of some strings parameter in Settings Dialog; fixed    

queen-beecon (1.0.2)

* Source Modules: Changed architecture of source module ... now split into single modules according to QBW subfunctions ... expect some sneaky regressions!!!
  * New: Parameter Variables substitution for using with scripts which holds Network Connection status: $QBW_IS_CONNECTED (true=QBW Instance is connected to the network (either WLAN or GPRS) false=QBW Instance is NOT connected to the network (either WLAN or GPRS))
  * Changed: In Settings Dialog Box changed "Custom(")" to "Custom(Secs)" for custom timer label
  * Changed: In Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog Box it's now possible to scroll dialog both vertically and horizontally. So all buttons will be accessible even if you have big fonts 
  * Changed: In Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog Box added more checks for Import Instance/Command Data (It should now be more restrictive on Import Data consistency/congruency)
  * Bugfixing: System Proxy fetching logic bugged; fixed
  * Bugfixing: reset_rearm_timer DBUS method call was not disabling timer when timer update was disabled; fixed
  * Bugfixing: set_param_uint32 DBUS method call had problems if values = 0; fixed

queen-beecon (1.0.0.1)

* New: Nothing - Release Candidate to Extras (0.1.9.9 -> 1.0.0.1)    
  * Changed: Nothing - Release Candidate to Extras (0.1.9.9 -> 1.0.0.1)
  * Bugfixing: Nothing - Release Candidate to Extras (0.1.9.9 -> 1.0.0.1)
See complete Change Log in the WIKI

Usual WARNINGS apply to extras-devel material

As anticipated, 1.3 brings 2 new major features and a lot of UI restyles:

- Orientation/Accelerometer Support
- GPS Location Support

Orientation Support is now working with no particular issues since some days.
GPS Support could be still a little big buggy ...
Again changelog is quite long and also a lot of internal optimization and hidden flaws have been hopefully addressed
Again please bear with some possible regressions!!!

Feel free to experiment with all extended features and please report bugs and experiences or feature requests here.
Please, report any problem or crash during installation/upgrade if they still persist
Have fun!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Well ... QBW v1.3 seems to have survived Maemo PR 1.3 upgrade without any visible/sensible collateral!!!

The "2 states orientation aware" button beecon and images are attached to the post

Extra instructions here:

Have fun!

UPDATE 27/10/2010 8:50pm CEST: One image was missing in the archive 2states_orientation_button.qbw.images.zip ... now it's OK!
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2states_orientation_button.qbw.txt (2.4 KB, 118 views)
File Type: zip 2states_orientation_button.qbw.images.zip (144.5 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by No!No!No!Yes!; 2010-10-27 at 18:50. Reason: Image missing in archive: fixed!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
great job, the new icons looks really nice and the new features is making this aplication more perfect everyday

The Following User Says Thank You to kamiwey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
techie said i should report this No!No!No!Yes! . using techie occp widget (temperature,battery,clock speed) when i lock screen/keys then unlock i get dbus error .
error enabling QBW_SUBSYSTEM_TIMER)
subsystem(s) disabled in QBW instance(id8!)

this only happens unlocking screen/keys not secure device. techie using pr1.2 so cant test , myself unsure of dbus so techie suggested qbw may need fix ? am using clock speed adjusted to locked/unlocked but this error was not present on pr1.2.
im using latest QBW 1.3
cheers , moepda

Last edited by moepda; 2010-10-27 at 11:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to moepda For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by moepda View Post
techie said i should report this No!No!No!Yes! . using techie occp widget (temperature,battery,clock speed) when i lock screen/keys then unlock i get dbus error .
error enabling QBW_SUBSYSTEM_TIMER)
subsystem(s) disabled in QBW instance(id8!)

this only happens unlocking screen/keys not secure device. techie using pr1.2 so cant test , myself unsure of dbus so techie suggested qbw may need fix ? am using clock speed adjusted to locked/unlocked but this error was not present on pr1.2.
im using latest QBW 1.3
cheers , moepda
qbw 1.3 should work also in pr1.2 (it was just a coincidence qbw1.3 came out same day as pr1.3 )

However this turns out to be a fake error report due to a bug ...
Bug should be fixed in 1.3.1 which I expect to release ASAP as I get more confidence in bug condition
Could you point me to the exact "offending" beecon ... with export? Sorry I have no OC so I maybe need someone of you guys to test it
10x

Last edited by No!No!No!Yes!; 2010-10-27 at 19:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
cheers No!No!No!Yes! .

on QBW wiki its Overclock Control Panel I

links here to original file posts :

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...215#post761215

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=377

i use version with battery % .

export here...

[queen-beecon-header]
version=1.000000
checksum=7299972
[queen-beecon-exported-instance]
widgetType=0
widgetVisible=1
operationalStatus=0
hideCanvas=false
snippetBgRGB=0
snippetExtBgRGB=#000000000000
beecon_lt0_ImgZoom=0
beecon_lt0_BgRGB=2
beecon_lt0_ExtBgRGB=#808080808080
beecon_lt0_ImgFilename=\squeen-beecon-syserr.png
beecon_eq0_ImgZoom=0
beecon_eq0_BgRGB=3
beecon_eq0_ExtBgRGB=#0000ffff0000
beecon_eq0_ImgFilename=default.png
beecon_eq1_ImgZoom=0
beecon_eq1_BgRGB=4
beecon_eq1_ExtBgRGB=#ffffffff0000
beecon_eq1_ImgFilename=queen-beecon-appwrn.png
beecon_ge2_ImgZoom=0
beecon_ge2_BgRGB=5
beecon_ge2_ExtBgRGB=#ffff00000000
beecon_ge2_ImgFilename=queen-beecon-apperr.png
beecon_idxge2_ImgZoom=0
beecon_idxge2_BgRGB=11
beecon_idxge2_ExtBgRGB=#0000ffffffff
beecon_idxge2_ImgFilename=profile.png
widWidth=190.04878048780489
widHeight=107.5
instanceTitle=OC Control Panel
instanceCmd=Name_Profile_1=default ; Name_Profile_2=stock ; Disp_Name_Profile_2=Stock ; Name_Profile_3=starving ; Disp_Name_Profile_3=Saver ;\nif [ $QBW_EXEC_REASON == "QBW_DBUS_MONITOR" ];then echo '$QBW_DBUS_VERBOSE_OUTPUT' > /home/user/.QBW_DBUS_TEMP;fi;sh /home/user/.OCCP $Name_Profile_1 $Name_Profile_2 $Name_Profile_3 $QBW_ID $QBW_EXEC_REASON $QBW_HOTSPOT_PRESS $QBW_REMEMBER_ME;rt_st=$?;echo -e "TEMPERATURE : <span font = \\"14\\"><b>`cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp` C</b></span>\\n<span font = \\"16\\"><b>`awk '{print $1/1000"MHz"}' /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq` - `awk '{print $1/1000"MHz"}' /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq`</b></span>";echo -e "<span font = \\"18\\"><b><i>$Disp_Name_Profile_2 $Disp_Name_Profile_3</i></b></span>";echo "BATTERY : <span font = \\"14\\"><b>`hal-device bme | awk '/l.p/ {perc = $3}; /s_c/ {isch = $3} END if (isch == "false") {print perc" %"} else {print "Chrg"}'`</b></span>";exit $rt_st
rememberMe=3
cmdImgFilename=queen-beecon.png
cmdImgZoom=0
cmdFgRGB=1
cmdExtFgRGB=#ffffffffffff
cmdTextAngle=0
cmdVisibilityPosition=0
cmdImgVisibilityPosition=5
cmdJustify=0
cmdExtFont=Nokia Sans bold italic 12
cmdFontName=3
cmdFontSize=12
resImgFilename=queen-beecon-resimg.png
resImgZoom=0
resFgRGB=1
resExtFgRGB=#ffffffffffff
resTextAngle=0
resVisibilityPosition=5
resImgVisibilityPosition=9
resJustify=2
resExtFont=Nokia Sans 12
resFontName=2
resFontSize=12
progressAnimationFrames=0
progressAnimationTimer=4
progressAnimationPos=4
progressAnimationBasename=queen-beecon-progress
updOnStartup=true
updOnClick=true
updOnDesktop=false
updOnSight=false
delayIndex=3
customIntervalSecs=0
updNeworkPolicy=0
updOnDBUS=1
updOnDBUSBus=0
updOnDBUSMatchRule=type='signal',path='/com/nokia/mce/signal',interface='com.nokia.mce.signal',member='t klock_mode_ind'
cmdImgAngle=0
resImgAngle=0
hideClickCanvas=true
progressAnimationAtClickXY=false
resWrapLongLines=false
multiClick=false
updOnOrientation=false
GPSsettings=0
Attached Files
File Type: txt Occp.txt (2.8 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by moepda; 2010-10-27 at 12:50.

@moepda:
could you please post /home/user/.OCCP as well or point me to it.
Couldn't find it myself in all mentioned posts ...
10x

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
here .occp file for you posted inside zip file

many thanks , moepda
Attached Files
File Type: zip occp.zip (671 Bytes, 88 views)

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
@No!No!No!Yes! i've one question about the new orientation, is it suposed to rotate on screen or start the beecon?
In my case i just made a test icon on my desktop for xterm. When orientation set to 'yes' it starts whenever i rotate phone sidewise...

Am i missing something og did i think the new feature did something else?

Really like the the new look of .png's and animation... Good stuff mate Ohh and no issues after updating (flashed the PR1.3)

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2010-10-27 at 17:35.

Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
@No!No!No!Yes! i've one question about the new orientation, is it suposed to rotate on screen or start the beecon?
In my case i just made a test icon on my desktop for xterm. When orientation set to 'yes' it starts whenever i rotate phone sidewise...

Am i missing something og did i think the new feature did something else?

Really like the the new look of .png's and animation... Good stuff mate Ohh and no issues after updating (flashed the PR1.3)
When Orientation is enabled, the beecon is executed every time you turn your phone.
Beecon is not actually rotated because I wanted to leave the most possible flexibility to the beeconer. Suppose for example you'd like a landscape layout with, say, a seaside background and all "summer-marine-themed" widgets scattered horizontally ... while a portrait layout with a winter background and all "flaky-fidgeted-cokedrinking-polar-bears" scattered vertically (I know I'm a bit maniac with this example ... but YOU, crazy graphics modders, are prone to such kind of desktop raping attacks!!! )

If you have a look at the example beecon (which is now fixed as 1 image was missing in the archive) you'll see that every orientation condition triggers the script execution, ends up returning a different exit status according to orientation and button state; beecon then takes care of indexing the correct image and displays it.

PHP Code:
#We fetch previous state from button text
c=$QBW_CURRENT_RESULTS_TEXT

#Deal with widget startup condition and init button 1st position
if [ "_$c== "_" -"$QBW_EXEC_REASON== "QBW_STARTUP_UPDATE" ];then

#Insert here commands to turn on
   #nothing if, on startup, sensor is already on

c=1;
fi;

if [ 
"$QBW_EXEC_REASON== "QBW_CLICK" ];then

if [ $c -eq 1 ]; then

#Insert here commands to turn off

c=0;
   else

#Insert here commands to turn on

c=1;

fi
fi

case "$QBW_ORIENTATION_MODEin

"portrait")             x=644y=292 ;xt=`expr 4 + 4 \\* $c` ;;

"landscape (inverted)"x=644y=155 ;xt=`expr 5 + 4 \\* $c` ;;

"portrait (inverted)")  x=0  y=155 ;xt=`expr 6 + 4 \\* $c` ;;
   *)                      
x=0  y=292 ;xt=`expr 3 + 4 \\* $c` ;;
esac

#Move beecon on screen command according to x,y calculated in 'case'
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=oh.no.more.qbw /oh/no/more/qbw$QBW_ID oh.no.more.qbw.set_position int32:$x int32:$y

#Store current status
echo $c

#Exit with correct code to show the image according to current orientation status
exit $xt 

Last edited by No!No!No!Yes!; 2010-10-27 at 20:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post: