Installing meego is a pretty simple process, dd the image into a micro sd card and connect your phone to your PC and then the flasher will load the meego kernel - i.e. the flasher application kicks off the boot process and not your phone.

try to flash the kernel to the N900 and then just add some lines to the bootmenu and you can dual boot, easy peasy.

I tried a pre release of meego some days ago and I found it completely unusable. Slow like hell and had nothing that Maemo would not have.

One would need to be a crazy person to prefer MeeGo 1.1 over Maemo.

Last edited by Piotr; 2010-10-28 at 12:40.

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
Installing meego is a pretty simple process, dd the image into a micro sd card and connect your phone to your PC and then the flasher will load the meego kernel - i.e. the flasher application kicks off the boot process and not your phone.

try to flash the kernel to the N900 and then just add some lines to the bootmenu and you can dual boot, easy peasy.
Ok im gonna try it. You make it sound so easy :-D Will let you know how it goes.

can anybody upload a how to video plz ???

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Piotr View Post
One would need to be a crazy person to prefer MeeGo 1.1 over Maemo.
MeeGo 1.1 is not meant for general consumption yet, it's still lacking things that 1.2 is supposed to bring. Just consider 1.1 a development release.

The Following User Says Thank You to WereCatf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by markoalmelo View Post
When I follow the tutorial at http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Install/MMC i see the follow:

I dont understand step 2, what must I typ in command prompt?
The second step just asks you to uncompress the file mentioned in step1. You can use 7zip for doing that graphically.

The Following User Says Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
Any screen shots or anything?

I would like to install meego, but I will do only if I know it is legal. Nokia said that consumers are not allowed. Maybe they can ask thousands of dollars of refund. Don't know. I am afraid.
I think that if a consumer installs meego is making a damage to nokia because the equation is clear: want meego then buy n9.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
why are people asking for a video, go watch the Release Candidate version video there will be no differences apart from few tweaks and the like

Originally Posted by Patroclo View Post
I would like to install meego, but I will do only if I know it is legal. Nokia said that consumers are not allowed. Maybe they can ask thousands of dollars of refund. Don't know. I am afraid.
I think that if a consumer installs meego is making a damage to nokia because the equation is clear: want meego then buy n9.
Haha, thousands of dollars of refund. Not going to happen, friend. Worry not.