Active Topics

Originally Posted by Willem Liu View Post
I also flashed the PR 1.3. I used PC Suite to do it. Haven't backed up anything so I ended up with a clean phone and no automatic restoration of previously installed apps.
how u flash with pcsuite ? i connect my phone i dont have option to reinstall firmware or anything ..

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
me too,no problems.
flashing is always 100 times better and safer then OTA

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Romania
I've flashed it too with Maemo flasher... Works like a charm, no problems at all.

I'm using PR 1.3 for two days now (here in Egypt) and it is working fine with me with no problem in the update process or the normal usage...

"live today like you were going to die tomorrow, plan for tomorrow like you we going to live for ever.."

i Flash it with ***********
hehehe

I flashed it using the global PR 1.3 image (Dutch N900) with no problems at all. (Still) a very happy user of the device

Originally Posted by chealyte View Post
how u flash with pcsuite ? i connect my phone i dont have option to reinstall firmware or anything ..
You cannot flash your device using PC/Ovi suite as far as I know. First install Nokia's Maemo Flasher, then download the appropriate PR 1.3 Image file. Following that, use the flasher to apply to image file to your phone.

This wiki describes exactly how to do so. Hope this helps!

Last edited by ThomasAH; 2010-10-30 at 18:09.

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
I flashed it within hours of availability using global image, no problems at all...

I had just reflashed PR12 because i messed something up when 5 minutes later i spotted the 1st announcement here, so i just went for it straight way. The update did NOT mess up my dual android boot either.

Of course all apps need to be re-installed but data was all intact.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
I flashed from UK pr1.2 to Global PR1.3 with flasher on windows XP 32-bit and it is working great. I installed Power kernel and overclocked to 1.1GHz and it is running without a hitch.

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ammadtira View Post
Anyone here who flashed(Not Updated) his N900 with PR1.3 and didnt find any problem???
I flashed, restored all my data from backup, works like a dream.