Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Germany
upgrading my N900 to PR1.3 (OTA) worked fine.

But now easy debian desktop covers only 3/4 of the screen. All my application windows are bigger than the desktop and I have to drag them back and forth.
I tried zu change Preferences/ Desktop Settings and Monitor Settings (is on 800 x 480) - without success.

Reinstallation with new download of easy debian chroot 0.9.46 and image did not help either

Any hints how to get my full screen back ?

sinko

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ New Jersey, USA
That's strange. I upgraded to PR1.3 and my Easy Debian is fine. Mine is actually on a partition of my SD card, though and not on the stock Debian image provided. Are you running from the image? If so, is it on the internal memory or an SD card?

I am using the image from the internal memory.

running it from a partition sounds good and reminds me of my good old zaurus
Is there a how-to on that ?

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ New Jersey, USA
I couldn't find any concise how-tos and ended up using bits from a bunch of different sources on the web. The main reason I wanted to move to a partition on the SD card was to get more space for apps, etc. I now have it on an 8GB partition of a 16GB and there is plenty of room to grow.

I should put together the steps of how I did it, but it took a LONG time - getting the data from the image to the partition took forever using the method I did. I am sure there is a better way to do it.

I won't be able to go back through my sources and put something together until next week. Does anyone else have steps to put Easy Debian on an SD partition?

thanks, whenever you find the time is fine for me.

Meanwhile I will try to find out how to configure lxde from the commandline as I figure it might have something to do with permission rights

I have a standard install of easyDebian, image on internal memory, and it works fine. The desktop covers the whole screen. Updated OTA to pr 1.3

After playing around with Preferences-Dialog in Easy Debian Desktop and testing context-menus I realized that there was a broad grey panel on the right side of my desktop. This must have been put there accidentally.
By deleting the panel I got my full screen back

sorry for the trouble ...