Active Topics

It shut off during update? Was it not fully charged?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Well you are generally not allowed to say anything negative about the N900 on this site. And to suggest you are moving to a competitor's phone due to a problem with the N900 is like the ultimate blasphemy. And he compounded the issue by suggesting moving to the forbidden fruit - iphone.
Yes you are allowed. Itīs the way you are introducing yourself. You might have good skeleton in your message but end up filling muscles and head of message by just your feelings towards Nokia then it surely goes straight to toilet. That kind of emotions should go straight to Nokia.

And what I have seen here in messages from TMO members(in messages that some might consider as from fanboys & advocates), generally to users who have ranted something in their thread, is that they mostly just expose the orginal posters rather strange logic of seeing things. And Oh behold if someone dares to question the consumers opinion about something! You get stamp to your forehead. Most of people (actually in any thing that is regarded as opinion) like to get support for their point of view. What is the word for this? Confirmation Bias?

Actually I think that truth might be that most of so called fanboys and advocates do not like Nokias current level of support but they are still happy by their own and with maemo.org, but they realize that this is not place for feedback to Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by EmperorLuna View Post
im still gonna keep my n900 for entertainment purposes, but i want something thats a phone first and foremost. its just too bad i didnt think of that before i spent 700 big ones on this thing.

Slender I take your point. The thing is sometimes people just need to vent their frustration and are not really looking for how they can phrase their statement in the manner which would be most welcome on this site.

I also take the point that this is not a Nokia forum. However, this is the website N900 users use and are comfortable with. I have had an N900 almost a year and do not even know any other N900 site or any Nokia site for that matter. I am sure if I google I may find something but if I have been using this site over a year and have some annoyance to vent about regarding the N900 then this is where I would do so especially since this is where I would find other N900 users.

Also I have sent a very very strong email directly to Nokia in the past which was completely ignored. Why would I think they would listen on a Nokia forum?

I am sure it is the same with OP. He is frustrated about simple things that should be working not working, he needs to vent about it, this is the site he uses for discussing the N900 and he knows that Nokia is not going to listen or care no matter where he posts his frustrations anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
I really hope the OP understands we understand he understands Nokia doesn't understand he understands they don't!
Really!

mmmmm that felt good!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atz6975 For This Useful Post:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mierlo, Netherlands
Originally Posted by nick.read View Post
Really? That's how you treat a user who is having a legitimate problem? They are looking for help and advise, not silly demeaning replies. I have not had any technical problems with the N900 that I have not been able to overcome, but it is attitudes like this that want to make me move away from at least these forums. Grow up and think before you post such rubbish.

It's not just this post that deserves such a response, but I've just reached a point where it is difficult to ignore any longer.
The OP didn't ask for help..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMLJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I am perfectly happy to trash Nokia when it suits my fancy, but (a) I have decided that this PR1.3 update is solid. It's subtle, but nice.

And (b) the OP didn't ask for help. He just posted a complaint. That's fine, but he's not my friend, and I don't help people who don't politely ask for help. Why should I? Why should anyone?

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hobart, Australia
Originally Posted by AMLJ View Post
The OP didn't ask for help..
I don't understand why several posts are saying this: even if they didn't form their problem as a question, nor actually ask for help, they are clearly having what is a solveable problem that is pushing them away from using Maemo. This community is only small compared to other mobile communities, so how about we be proactive and try to keep as many people as we can.

In any case, Jaimex2 has provided a follow-up post that was helpful and I thanked him for. I will edit my original post to indicate this too.

The Following User Says Thank You to nick.read For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm still surprised by folks taking such a stance once a person is disappointed by the phone bits of the Nokia N900. I don't like that part of the N900, but I can appreciate the other bits.