Active Topics

I already downloaded to my phone...

Hi,

Has anyone had problems with the N900 not recognizing phone numbers after syncing with iSync? I recently synced my phone for the first time (had too much data to erase & start fresh so had to sync) and it seems like it worked but now when certain people call or sms they're name doesn't show up even though the number is correctly registered with the contact. Any idea what could be causing this?

When I synced iSync asked me about conflicts involving the type of the number (one of them used a field "main" while the other did not) and I think this might be related but I don't recall exactly what choices I made. But if this is a difference between the way Addressbook and the N900 label numbers other users must have had this issue but a quick google search did was not particularly revealing.

Any ideas?

thanks

Hi,

Has anyone had problems with the N900 not recognizing phone numbers after syncing with iSync? I recently synced my phone for the first time (had too much data to erase & start fresh so had to sync) and it seems like it worked but now when certain people call or sms they're name doesn't show up even though the number is correctly registered with the contact. Any idea what could be causing this?

When I synced iSync asked me about conflicts involving the type of the number (one of them used a field "main" while the other did not) and I think this might be related but I don't recall exactly what choices I made. But if this is a difference between the way Addressbook and the N900 label numbers other users must have had this issue but a quick google search did was not particularly revealing.

Any ideas?

thanks

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Harpenden
There is a bug lodged against PR 1.2 for this. Nothing to do with iSync, it's if you have more than one contact sharing a number, or the number starts +44 type thing.

Regards,
Dave

I've used the Nokia Multimedia Sync for some time now - just to sync iTunes playlists. I've realized that when I do a sync the play count gets reset and that all files then show as never having been played; the auto play list for unplayed music shows all files.

Has anyone else found this as well or is there a hidden setting to change this behaviour?

I have had the same problem, but for me I found a way around this. I use an active sync mail provider, sync my phone with server, and sync my Mac with the server.. all set for automatically so I dont even need to remeber to sync.. it is just done.. everything is same so when I forget I have my phone in my pocket and jump in the ocean....

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by scudderfish View Post
There is a bug lodged against PR 1.2 for this. Nothing to do with iSync, it's if you have more than one contact sharing a number, or the number starts +44 type thing.

Regards,
Dave
How bizarre. I just realized that this must be why a couple of my numbers don't get recognized.

Any idea if that bug was fixed in PR1.3?

i dont have any problems with this area, except for the fact that the isync wont wokr trough bluetooth, but besides that it works flawless...

Since the latest update, iSync has stopped working. It never connects to the phone. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
I'm on PR1.3 and it's working for me just as well as it always has (with the help of the community plugin, of course! )