hello guys

this morning I was trying to turn on my phone,but it keeps showing the nokia logo and then turn off,the only way to make it stop is to take off the battery!

I updated to firmware 1.3 as soon as it come out,I did't have problem the i installed the titan s kernel and my touch screen went crazy,so last night i took it off and now my phone doesn't turn on anymore :-(

what should I do??I'm lost!!!

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
I'd probably charge it up first and see what's going on.

If even then you can't turn it on, it would be time to flash the device =/

well I'm trying to charge it but it turns on and off . .

how do i flash the phone?

do I lose everything inside??

flash the old kernel.
if the kernel is messed up the phone obviously can't start
[no you don't loose everything if you only flash the kernel as long there are nothing else was affected by your install]
br

Originally Posted by lunat View Post
flash the old kernel.
if the kernel is messed up the phone obviously can't start

br
how do i do it???

thanks

Originally Posted by andrew_85 View Post
how do i do it???

thanks
take a good guess what your previous kernel was (any you had on the system for which you didn't deinstall the modules - if you don't know: try and pray )

download it from the repository.

http://repository.maemo.org/ (i never remeber there was one with the kernels as images. but if not you can use ar to open the deb and will find the fiasko in the deb)

flash it.
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware
(the description should guide you just remamber that only want to flash the kernel so you need the "-k" !)

Last edited by lunat; 2010-10-31 at 16:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to lunat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by andrew_85 View Post
well I'm trying to charge it but it turns on and off . .

how do i flash the phone?

do I lose everything inside??
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

Last edited by raaj13; 2010-10-31 at 16:31.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
first off, plug the n900 into a pc via usb, this will mount it as mass storage, transfer any backups or anything valuable to the pc. Just in case.

then use the power search to search for the updating wiki.
download the firmware you require (go with PR1.3 if unsure) and flash your firmware.

if this works, brilliant, your good to go. you should still have all messages, phone numbers etc in tact.

if this doesnt work, you may have to flash the eMMC aswell, that will erase all messages, numbers etc, thats where the backup you (hopefully) transfered to your pc comes in.

transfer that backup back to your nice fresh working phone and use the backup utility to restore it.

Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
first off, plug the n900 into a pc via usb, this will mount it as mass storage, transfer any backups or anything valuable to the pc. Just in case.

then use the power search to search for the updating wiki.
download the firmware you require (go with PR1.3 if unsure) and flash your firmware.

if this works, brilliant, your good to go. you should still have all messages, phone numbers etc in tact.

if this doesnt work, you may have to flash the eMMC aswell, that will erase all messages, numbers etc, thats where the backup you (hopefully) transfered to your pc comes in.

transfer that backup back to your nice fresh working phone and use the backup utility to restore it.
the op doesn't want to flash the firmware if possible. he doesn't want to loose data! he wants to try to flash /only the kernel/ if possibly. backup is a good idea in any case.

Posts: 820 | Thanked: 436 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Portsmouth, UK.
Originally Posted by lunat View Post
the op doesn't want to flash the firmware if possible. he doesn't want to loose data! he wants to try to flash /only the kernel/ if possibly. backup is a good idea in any case.
depending on his results he may have to flash eMMC too, as I stated!

Last edited by James_Littler; 2010-10-31 at 16:42.