Active Topics

Notices

cpulvermacher, could you add support for two parameters already implemented in other vncviewer clients :
- via xxx -> so i can tunnel using ssh to a remote server ...
- ViewOnly -> I can just view the remote server ...

It does not need to be implemented in GUI, but i could use presencevnc from command line

The Following User Says Thank You to colchaodemola For This Useful Post:
I uninstalled vnc viewer to install this app but am getting the error message that i am missing libqt4-core (>=4.7.0 git20100909-0maemo1+0m5). I am still on pr1.2 but am sure alot of others were when this was released. is there an easy fix or should i just wait till i get pr1.3 in a few weeks?

thanks in advance

Originally Posted by philbelfast View Post
I uninstalled vnc viewer to install this app but am getting the error message that i am missing libqt4-core (>=4.7.0 git20100909-0maemo1+0m5). I am still on pr1.2 but am sure alot of others were when this was released. is there an easy fix or should i just wait till i get pr1.3 in a few weeks?
If you don't mind using an older version, you can try 0.6 which was built against PR1.2:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/downloa..._0.6_armel.deb

It might be possible to just ignore the dependency, but I wouldn't recommend trying that unless you're familiar with dpkg.

P.S.: You don't need to uninstall vncviewer to use Presence VNC.

Last edited by cpulvermacher; 2010-10-31 at 20:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to cpulvermacher For This Useful Post:
i get disconnected about every 5 minutes. dont know if this is just me or a stability issue. didnt have it with viewer, but presence is so much better its a good tradeoff. well done on the work

[QUOTE=
P.S.: You don't need to uninstall vncviewer to use Presence VNC. [/QUOTE]

when installing i got some message about conflicting packages, or something like that. didnt pay too much attention at the time as kids were running riot around here. assumed it was vnc but maybe not. not to worry.

cpulvermacher...could you please explain what "zoom to cursor" does exactly? i don't see any difference it being on or off.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
When zooming in it zooms to center. When on, it zooms to cursor.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

cpulvermacher, first off you are making amazing progress with this.

One request, is it possible to have a color depth for an even low bandwitdh. In my tiny village in Deutschland, I'm lucky to have slow DSL. My upload is pathetic (7KB/s), and when using an EDGE connection on the phone taking as many visual shortcuts as I can makes using VNC much more enjoyable.

I understand if there isn't another stepdown availible.

2d

Ps: The Zoom feature is implemented really well and IS VERY useful.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
I'm thinking at that bandwidth you'll need to have a chat with the server, perhaps cheat if need be, such as lower resolution. Some servers allow for some advanced options.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

@2disbetter:
Low quality uses 8bit colors, so there's not much I can do to impove bandwith usage.
If you're using an SSH tunnel to connect, you could try enabling compression via ssh's -C option. This appears to reduce transfer rates somewhat, even though image data already is compressed.