Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
@No!No!No!Yes! i've tried to tweak your new cmd for rotation for a play/pause button and used @techies cmd for that button, but couldn't make it work right, it only started and the icon vanished. So i tried the above code you posted for the fm transmitter. Just pasted the start and stop buttons from mediaplayer dbus codes and it works as it should.
Now my problem is, i don't know how to integrate the rotation code to that beecon/button and that is needed to match the other beecons on my desktop (all rotating). I'm as shaz really lost on how to put the codes together
Any help will be great
Ps: I rather have 3 beccons/buttons than 4 for music on my desktop (previous, next, play/stop - previous, next, stop, start)...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2010-10-31 at 18:28.

I've made a QBW to rotate a desktop background according to the orientation of the phone. Enjoy.

Download and open the attatched zip file.
Copy the image files to:
Code:
/home/user/.backgrounds
Next import 'Desktop-rotator.QBW.txt' into a new QBW on any desktop, it does not matter which desktop as becon is hidden.
Edit the Advanced settings and where you see the peice of code
Code:
DESKTOP_TO_ROTATE=4
if [ ! -f "/home/user/.backgro...
change the value to the desktop you wish to rotate. Also change the image names to the same desktop number.
Code:
/home/user/.backgrounds/rotate-landscape-4.png
/home/user/.backgrounds/rotate-landscape-inverted-4.png
/home/user/.backgrounds/rotate-portrait-4.png
/home/user/.backgrounds/rotate-portrait-inverted-4.png
Attached Files
File Type: zip Rotate-desktop-bg.zip (165.1 KB, 117 views)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JonWW For This Useful Post:
Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
I've made a QBW to rotate a desktop background according to the orientation of the phone. Enjoy.

Download and open the attatched zip file.
Copy the image files to:
Code:
/home/user/.backgrounds
Next import 'Desktop-rotator.QBW.txt' into a new QBW on any desktop, it does not matter which desktop as becon is hidden.
Edit the Advanced settings and where you see the peice of code
Code:
DESKTOP_TO_ROTATE=4
if [ ! -f "/home/user/.backgro...
change the value to the desktop you wish to rotate. Also change the image names to the same desktop number.
Code:
/home/user/.backgrounds/rotate-landscape-4.png
/home/user/.backgrounds/rotate-landscape-inverted-4.png
/home/user/.backgrounds/rotate-portrait-4.png
/home/user/.backgrounds/rotate-portrait-inverted-4.png
That's the one!!

Many thanks mate, much appreciated

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

The Following User Says Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:
Does anyone know how to switch on-press animation from "hexagon inside rectangle" to rectangle ?

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
OK JonWWs gravity desktop switcher works perfectly, although as No!No!No!Yes! mentioned there might be - there is - quite a bit of lag, possibly due to loading the background images.

Thinking logically, this might be reduced by cutting the orientations to just two - portrait and landscape. Whilst invert-portrait and invert-landscape are awesome, in essence they are just eye-candy as no apps work in those orientations anyway... How easy would it be to cut the number of orientations down?

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Does anyone know how to switch on-press animation from "hexagon inside rectangle" to rectangle ?
Not possible ... but you can toggle on-press hide background off and rectangle will just disappear on press

Originally Posted by D4rKlar View Post
OK JonWWs gravity desktop switcher works perfectly, although as No!No!No!Yes! mentioned there might be - there is - quite a bit of lag, possibly due to loading the background images.

Thinking logically, this might be reduced by cutting the orientations to just two - portrait and landscape. Whilst invert-portrait and invert-landscape are awesome, in essence they are just eye-candy as no apps work in those orientations anyway... How easy would it be to cut the number of orientations down?

Kind Regards,
D4rKlar
I believe just a matter of # at beginning of unwanted scenario line in shell script to comment out the line

PHP Code:
#  "landscape (inverted)") cp "/home/user/.backgrounds/rotate-landscape-inverted-$DESKTOP_TO_ROTATE.png" "/home/user/.backgrounds/background-$DESKTOP_TO_ROTATE.png";;
#  "portrait (inverted)") cp "/home/user/.backgrounds/rotate-portrait-inverted-$DESKTOP_TO_ROTATE.png" "/home/user/.backgrounds/background-$DESKTOP_TO_ROTATE.png";;
And maybe use symbolic link (ln -s) instead of cp images back and forth (this last one is just untested speculation) for reducing lag.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Swiss
hello, i have just a little question: i have make new partition in MicroSD, it's possible to make a queen beecon for automount the partition?

i have make this in queen beecon: sudo mount -t ext3 -o noatime,rw /dev/mmcblk1p2 /MicroSD-ext3

Sorry for my poor english.

sorry if it has been posted before...but i couldnt find it.

is there a widget that keeps the backlight constantly on? (do the same as the ''simple brightness applet'' just in the form of a QB widget.)

Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
@No!No!No!Yes! i've tried to tweak your new cmd for rotation for a play/pause button and used @techies cmd for that button, but couldn't make it work right, it only started and the icon vanished. So i tried the above code you posted for the fm transmitter. Just pasted the start and stop buttons from mediaplayer dbus codes and it works as it should.
Now my problem is, i don't know how to integrate the rotation code to that beecon/button and that is needed to match the other beecons on my desktop (all rotating). I'm as shaz really lost on how to put the codes together
Any help will be great
Ps: I rather have 3 beccons/buttons than 4 for music on my desktop (previous, next, play/stop - previous, next, stop, start)...
PHP Code:
c=$QBW_CURRENT_RESULTS_TEXT
if [ "_$c== "_" -"$QBW_EXEC_REASON== "QBW_STARTUP_UPDATE" ];then

# On startup, initial play state is 
   # "stopped" so just set c=0 here

c=0;
fi;

if [ 
"$QBW_EXEC_REASON== "QBW_CLICK" ];then

if [ $c -eq 1 ]; then 

# Add here command for Stop/Pause

c=0
   else 

# Add here command for Play/Resume

c=1

fi
fi

case "$QBW_ORIENTATION_MODEin

"portrait")             x=644;y=292;xt=`expr 4 + 4 \\* $c` ;;

"landscape (inverted)"x=644;y=155;xt=`expr 5 + 4 \\* $c` ;;

"portrait (inverted)")  x=0;y=155;xt=`expr 6 + 4 \\* $c` ;;
   *)                      
x=0;y=292;xt=`expr 3 + 4 \\* $c` ;;
esac

# comment next line with "sharp" (trailing char of this line) if you don't need widget move
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=oh.no.more.qbw /oh/no/more/qbw$QBW_ID oh.no.more.qbw.set_position int32:$x int32:$y

echo $c
exit $xt 

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post: