Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
there are many dropbox users here.. so ur app will be used alot, i think And im waiting too, for the new release..

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
I would love to see a stable version in extras-testing

Originally Posted by jonnenau View Post
Fun to see so many new people coming up on the thread once the app is not working I guess I have more users than I thought.

I would like to fix this but I cannot dist-upgrade my dev environment as im getting "504 Gateway Time-out" from repository.maemo.org so I cant get PR 1.3 setup to my scratchbox.

Update for the crash: It is segfaulting on my QApp subclass on QApplication.__init__(self, sys.argv) line. This same thing has happened to other people too so its just not me. Attila who is the pyqt maintainer did not respond to that which is a shame.

I'm not sure if the subclass thing is what is crashing, I will try to instantiate the app as a member variable as the subclassing is really not needed, its just nice design imo. But from the other guy you can see he is not subclassing so I dont think its that anyways. When I make a app = QApplication(sys.argv) on my device just in python console It's fine, so really hard to say before I get to look into it a bit more.

I will try to upgrade my dev env tomorrow if the maemo repo servers would be up to the task and push a fix once resolved. Hang in there, I'll try to resolve this asap
every loves your app , i reckon i probly is most used app thanks for all your work will await a fix !!

cheers

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Yeah there are a lot of dropbox users but your app is very functional with a nice gui. Keep up the good work.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
dropn900-0.1.7-2 now available as a download/update!
  • Fix PR 1.3 introduced bug: segfaults when initializing out QApplication instance.

As a reminder as no one really has these features yet, here is the 0.1.6 changelog:
  • Separate confirm dialogs for upload and download
  • Options in confirmation dialogs: Download/Upload Files, Cancel, Ignore Files and for upload dialog Delete Local Files.
  • -> Delete Local Files: will remove all files that are marked as NEW FILE in known dropbox paths. If uploads still available after deletion, updates UI and reconfirms what to do. This will happen only if you have added new folders and files that are not present in the server, these you still have to delete manually if you dont want to sync them. Or just click ignore to not act on them.
  • Transfers widgets cleaned up. Sync wont create widget per sync dl/ul, but a reporting widget that will track the progress of the sync. Showing stats: time spent on upload and download, how many files uploaded/downloaded and how many left and total size of uploads/downloads. Hopefully this will bring speed to the transfers view as there are alot less items in it now.
  • Added small 'Sync Now' button to main views lower right corner. This same space will also show when a sync is in progress and the button goes away for that time.
  • Made main tree view items a little bigger with bigger font so its easier to use without stylus.
  • Internals: Much cleaner code all around for the sync ui part.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jonnenau For This Useful Post:
I'm seeing that my treeview is all screwed up now. The first column is very narrow and second is wide. What the hell is going on with this PR 1.3, please report back if you see this bug. I thought that the Qt libs did not change but something must have changed in Qt or PyQ. I will be forced to rewrite the whole damn view if this happens to everyone. You fix one bug and another arises out from this firmware update, plaaah.

The quick fix is to tap down the headers on top and drag the first column wider. You have to hit it in the border of the two columns, you can find thats stop where the texts (folder/file names) are clipping.

Last edited by jonnenau; 2010-11-01 at 23:09.

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
I have the same thing, the name column is very narrow, shows only 'Dr...' at the toplevel. Dragging it wider took a couple of goes, but does fix it.
I note that the 'About' box shows version as 0.1.5, but I guess it must have updated because it works :-)

Great software, many thanks for your efforts.

Originally Posted by epninety View Post
I have the same thing, the name column is very narrow, shows only 'Dr...' at the toplevel. Dragging it wider took a couple of goes, but does fix it.
I note that the 'About' box shows version as 0.1.5, but I guess it must have updated because it works :-)

Great software, many thanks for your efforts.
Oh yes I manually edit that version number and have forgotten completely to do that in the last few updates If you see the new sync now button in the main views bottom right corner its the newest version, or if it runs in PR 1.3

I'll think of something for the ui bug, try to cope with the manual resizing for a while guys. I am really busy at work so I dont know if I can do anything very fast as this will be a quite a big rewrite to do the new model/view ui from scratch.

Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
One other minor thing (Sorry, I know how it seems everyone finds things wrong when you release code)...

Under Settings>Default Download Folder the folder display is (for me at least) black text on a dark grey background. I didn't realise it was showing a path at all, until I looked at it at an angle.

Well to be completely straight about it they are not my bugs if the platform one day completely changes how Qt behaves and I get tons of stupid library and ui bugs that were not there before the firmware update. I have very little control over all of the bugs listed here. The line edit colors and the treeview bugs might be related to stylesheets, but I cant say for sure before I have time to check them out.

I would fix these immediately if they really were directly resulted by my own bad code. But now I need some time to think and see whats going on as I cant point to my own code "aha, this is causing this". So please don't have the idea that I caused the app to segfault or to paint stuff weirdly, its the libs I'm using that should not ever do this in normal behavior.

Last edited by jonnenau; 2010-11-01 at 23:31.