Originally Posted by andrew_85 View Post
hello Guys the server is now working

i downloaded and installed the flasher and the last pr 1.3 USA,instead of installing on my laptop windows 64 i used the one of my gf with windows 32

i start the flasher

press the u key the phne is connected as usb paste the comand

flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin

press enter

then a new window come up for few second and disappear

what did I do wrong??

thanks
You should use:
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin -f

and if you want it to reboot after that, tag on a -R at the end of that command:

flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin -f -R

Last edited by robpanzer; 2010-11-01 at 16:15.

hello Guys the server is now working

i downloaded and installed the flasher and the last pr 1.3 USA,instead of installing on my laptop windows 64 i used the one of my gf with windows 32

i start the flasher

press the u key the phne is connected as usb paste the comand

flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin

press enter

then a new window come up for few second and disappear

what did I do wrong??

thanks
ohh you flashed the whole phone if it worked. it should come up just fine. after a flasher-3.5.exe --reboot. but with everything set back to factory settings.

guys if i flash it do i lose everything inside??

where do i find the original kernel image just to flash that?

I can't lose all my things on the phone

thanks

Don't quote me on this but:

If you flash just the FIASCO(RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_COMBINED_002_ARM.bin) or whatever it is referred to as, it'll upgrade the OS.
If you flash the EMMC(RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin) though, that should erase all your pictures/contacts/settings.

I'm pretty sure that your FIASCO install will kill all your installed programs though since I JUST did that. Make a backup of them if possible.
I tried to flash the EMMC but it wont let me. After my FIASCO install I booted back into Maemo after a failed EMMC install and I still had all my contacts/pictures but all my settings were gone.

we had it before.
if you flash you override something. and that is lost.

if you flash the kernel, the old kernel is lost.

if you flash the firmware: the firmware is lost(that is part of the software) with the firmware you also flash the kernel. (your settings dont work for the underlying is gone)

if you flash emmc: all your settings are gone and you can't do it without flashing the firmware as well.

clarified?

Check out this url for any doubts. http://www.maemofanatics.com/how-to-...ur-nokia-n900/ Hope it clears ur doubts

guys please I jusr wanna flash the kernel bc i dony wana lose the application,in one of them I have all my credit card information and if I lose it i can t get anymore my credit card code . .

so or i do a backup or just flash the kernel but how do i do it??

thanks

just as you find it in the(now) many descriptions. only ad a -k to the line.

the way i do it is
(this is only the kernel)
flasher-3.5 -f -k kernelimage -R

kernel in a fiasko you need the big F
flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> --flash-only=kernel -f -R
(the -R is to reboot)

a hint:
they always say press the "u" button and have the phone waiting with the usb symbol and after that use the flash utility.
while that is perfectly ok i found reversed order is easier to handle.
so as a hint: first go to your pc and type the whole flasher line in and press enter. now it will say that it has no device and is waiting for a device to appear. keep it in this state. let it wait as long as you need for the phone. that way you have plenty of time(as long as it takes) to fiddle with your device to get it in the state needed. you usually don't even have to press the u button just let it boot connected with the pc as the utility is eager waiting for the momment to flash the phone and will do it as soon as it is possible.

EDIT: do as many backups as you can. never leave a chance out to do a backup. better safe than sorry!

Last edited by lunat; 2010-11-02 at 00:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to lunat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lunat View Post
just as you find it in the(now) many descriptions. only ad a -k to the line.

the way i do it is
(this is only the kernel)
flasher-3.5 -f -k kernelimage -R

kernel in a fiasko you need the big F
flasher-3.5 -F <firmware-image> --flash-only=kernel -f -R
(the -R is to reboot)

a hint:
they always say press the "u" button and have the phone waiting with the usb symbol and after that use the flash utility.
while that is perfectly ok i found reversed order is easier to handle.
so as a hint: first go to your pc and type the whole flasher line in and press enter. now it will say that it has no device and is waiting for a device to appear. keep it in this state. let it wait as long as you need for the phone. that way you have plenty of time(as long as it takes) to fiddle with your device to get it in the state needed. you usually don't even have to press the u button just let it boot connected with the pc as the utility is eager waiting for the momment to flash the phone and will do it as soon as it is possible.

EDIT: do as many backups as you can. never leave a chance out to do a backup. better safe than sorry!

thanks but where is kernelimage or firmware image should I leave it like that or put something?