Notices

Two things:
First, thanks for the donation. You know who you are.

Second, I've uploaded a ubinized image of my own Rootfs with BackupMenu v0.50-3; hopefully it'll help someone out.

Last edited by RobbieThe1st; 2010-11-02 at 06:37.

Robbie,

I see only ver 48-3 on repos (using defaults + testing + devel).

What is the advantage of ubinized image?

Thank you for all your efforts, I was looking for an application like this for a long time.

Joel:
The repo's been down(at least for uploading) for a couple of days now.
I just uploaded the new package; hopefully it'll get built and work.

Making a ubinized image allows you to flash it directly via the Nokia flasher - Handy if you screw your system up so badly that even BackupMenu won't boot.
If you -don't- have one of these and it won't boot, then you have to flash PR1.3, install BackupMenu, reboot, and restore - a lengthy process, to say the least.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RobbieThe1st For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RobbieThe1st View Post
Did you flash a fiasco image before restoring or something?

Also, no, I don't think I will. Remember, once extras-devel comes back online, a simple 'apt-get install backupmenu' will install all dependancies at their latest versions.
Also, it'd make things harder for multiboot people - now, installation is possible by installing gnu-tar, then running "dpkg --force-depends -i ./backupmenu*.deb", then using multiboot to launch "/usr/share/backupmenu/BackupMenuLauncher.item".
nope dont think so dude , but will check soon on way home now so i can see the files i flashed with an will let ya know . .

Originally Posted by RobbieThe1st View Post
Joel:
The repo's been down(at least for uploading) for a couple of days now.
I just uploaded the new package; hopefully it'll get built and work.

Making a ubinized image allows you to flash it directly via the Nokia flasher - Handy if you screw your system up so badly that even BackupMenu won't boot.
If you -don't- have one of these and it won't boot, then you have to flash PR1.3, install BackupMenu, reboot, and restore - a lengthy process, to say the least.

Yes, now I found it!! Thank you.

Maybe a stupid question: Where can I download the ubinized image?

Last edited by joelteixeira; 2010-11-02 at 11:09.

Sorry about the double posting, but... is there any specifc Kernel you recommend using with BackupMenu or is not relevant? I mean... can I use Power Kernel / Default Kernel or some kernel works better with BackupMenu?

I flash with these files

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin

RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

have been using them for a week or so now , did my back up an well you know the rest !!

will try again in a bit dude an post back

Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
I flash with these files

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin

RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin

have been using them for a week or so now , did my back up an well you know the rest !!

will try again in a bit dude an post back
Thank you stevomanu, but I think I wasn't clear. I'll give more details to explain my doubt.

I'm using the last PR1.3 (Global) images... and It's working fine with me using Power Kernel. Is It possible to use with default nokia kernel the same way?

Because, maybe I uninstall Power Kernel because of some incompatibilities with JoikuSpot.

Originally Posted by joelteixeira View Post
Maybe a stupid question: Where can I download the ubinized image?
The idea is that you make it yourself, but it requires a Linux PC. Alternately, there -is- my own image linked on the first page, which should serve the same purpose.

Originally Posted by joelteixeira View Post
Sorry about the double posting, but... is there any specifc Kernel you recommend using with BackupMenu or is not relevant? I mean... can I use Power Kernel / Default Kernel or some kernel works better with BackupMenu?
Shouldn't matter. I use Power Kernel personally.

Last edited by RobbieThe1st; 2010-11-02 at 11:45.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobbieThe1st For This Useful Post:
is it not possble for us to create an image we could just flash with flasher !!

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system