Active Topics

Maybe they are putting a "built in" bbc iplayer app like on the PS3? Maybe Nokia have some hatred for us Brits, they just want to watch us squirm

Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
Maybe they are putting a "built in" bbc iplayer app like on the PS3? Maybe Nokia have some hatred for us Brits, they just want to watch us squirm
I would like this very much.
I would like 1.3 more though...

I've given up and reflashed with the global firmware. It was very easy - I recommend it.

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
Maybe the delay is because Nokia love us Brits so much that they want to test it on the rest of the world first and then release to us a new version with all the kinks ironed out? n.b wouldn't work for me though as I have quite a bit of Ray Davies on my external card....

2010.11.02 i can start update pr 1.3 with 203 version juhuu..(hungary) but i think i get the mobile from uk

Flash the global mr0 straight to the phone, its in Nokia devel page. Real easy. I have PR1.3 on phone and Meego 1.1 running from sd card, all working fine. It took a bit of head scratching first but once you have Flasher 3.5 installed and copy the flash file to the same folder just punch in the correct text and its fine. I now just flash the phone, when it locks up I re-flash the OSback again, just make sure to keep backing up your settings you can re-load them back again after flashing.

The Following User Says Thank You to RogueElement For This Useful Post:
Seems UK update is now available through Ovi Suite. Havent tried it yet (at work) but after some of the posts here I'm tempted to just flash the Global FW instead.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ikirk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Leeds, UK
I have reflashed, following these instructions and used the global .bin file. I now have 20.2010.36-2. Is that PR 1.3? Have I done it right?

I did a backup thinking that all my apps would be ok, but they dont seem to be. Is there any way that I can reinstall tem all together? instead of one by one? How do i find out the name to use from terminal?
thanks

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Janniman View Post
I have reflashed, following these instructions and used the global .bin file. I now have 20.2010.36-2. Is that PR 1.3? Have I done it right?
That's PR1.3, yes.

Originally Posted by Janniman View Post
I did a backup thinking that all my apps would be ok, but they dont seem to be. Is there any way that I can reinstall tem all together? instead of one by one? How do i find out the name to use from terminal?
If you used the built-in backup application, and enabled backup of applications, then you should be able to launch App Manager and choose "Restore applications" from the menu. You can then select/deselect which ones you want to restore and it'll download and reinstall them all in one operation.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Leeds, UK
It did ask me if I wanted to install, and it installed for a bit, but then it only half got hrough them all! Very annoying! Might try a restore again!
Cheers