Notices

Originally Posted by travla View Post
Hi there,
I was struggling with the very same problem for the past couple of nights, and just resolved it. The problem was the the save folder and it's contents are not writeable, and when you change an option, the app needs to make a change to some of the files and can't. So the solution is:

chmod -R 777 monopolyclassic/save

This will recursively give write access to everyone (i.e. user), and all works well. I've updated the Wiki (http://wiki.maemo.org/Preenv/FAQ#How...ith_an_icon.3F).

Now I'm trying to move it to MyDocs to save some space, problem is you can't change ownership in MyDocs (I think because it is NTFS fs). But I moved NFSUC in to MyDocs and game saves are working fine, so I'm hoping Monopoly will be fine too.

Cheers,

travla

EDIT: I just created symlinks to all directories under monopolyclassic, and it is working a treat - no crash on changing settings and game saves working. This saved 45mb of space, had to leave all files under monopolyclassic in /home/user/. I may have been able to create symlinks to each one of those (I saw someone had written a simple loop for this) but couldn't be bothered, only 15 mb...
Thanks man - i created the save folder and gave permissions and all is fine now.

all my games are in mydocs - these are the commands and things i'm doing to make them work (change folder names as needed):

in xterm:
for file in /home/user/MyDocs/Roms/Pre/com.gameloft.app.driver/driver/*;
do ln -s "$file" /home/user/applications/com.gameloft.app.driver/driver/;
done
copy the real exec file in the sylinked folder
chmod +x /home/user/applications/com.gameloft.app.driver/driver/driver
/opt/preenv/bin/desktopgen /home/user/applications/com.gameloft.app.driver/appinfo.json

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Egypt
Would it be possible to use the keyboard to send fake touch input for multitouch games ?

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
Yay! The Settlers is working now, no more crashes at the start with SDL_Quit.

8af575dfe9fb85afe787cf6d97da634e com.gameloft.app.settlers_1.1.1_all.ipk

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
Thanks man - i created the save folder and gave permissions and all is fine now.

all my games are in mydocs - these are the commands and things i'm doing to make them work (change folder names as needed):

in xterm:
for file in /home/user/MyDocs/Roms/Pre/com.gameloft.app.driver/driver/*;
do ln -s "$file" /home/user/applications/com.gameloft.app.driver/driver/;
done
copy the real exec file in the sylinked folder
chmod +x /home/user/applications/com.gameloft.app.driver/driver/driver
/opt/preenv/bin/desktopgen /home/user/applications/com.gameloft.app.driver/appinfo.json
wish i could understand this! lol

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 227 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turkey
How did you guys fix the Driver screen bug? I've installed libgles* but It still looks "weird", here what it looks like: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=12

Originally Posted by scyzor View Post
Would it be possible to use the keyboard to send fake touch input for multitouch games ?
It should be possible as long as the software supports it, I'm thinking having a look at the VNC server which fakes touching and dragging. It may come down to Maemo accepting multi touch or not.

If not rapid alternating tapping might fake it as a substitute. As in every mili second emulate touching at the locations binded to the keyboard.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by scyzor View Post
Yes.

Originally Posted by iDont View Post
How is the FAT32 partition smoother than the ext3 partition?How is the FAT32 partition smoother than the ext3 partition?
I wouldn't be surprised if it vfat was faster for the current use case (few, large files; fast random access device).

Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
I don't think it matters that much on the mobile system. There is only one user.
Until you end up with lots of files owned by root under /home/user ...

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Swiss
@javispedro please reply me, it's possible to play Gangstar with N900 one day?

Last edited by Airtux; 2010-11-02 at 23:15.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Egypt
Originally Posted by jaimex2 View Post
It should be possible as long as the software supports it, I'm thinking having a look at the VNC server which fakes touching and dragging. It may come down to Maemo accepting multi touch or not.

If not rapid alternating tapping might fake it as a substitute. As in every mili second emulate touching at the locations binded to the keyboard.
I found that maemo uses the mouse cursor for touch, and its XServer is 1.6.99 (1.7 has multicursor support). Alternation might work, but I doubt all games (if not none) would accept alternate messages :S

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by Airtux View Post
@javispedro please reply me, it's possible to play Gangstar with N900 one day?
I've said it many times I have no idea about individual games. I cannot possibly buy them all.

(Oth I've recently bought X-Plane, precisely because someone told me it worked quite well).

Tags
bada rox, chuck norris, phone, preenv, webos