Notices

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sao Paulo / Brazil
Screenshots?

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
well, I installed effing after PR 1.3 but when I tap the icon nothing's opening

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
well, I installed effing after PR 1.3 but when I tap the icon nothing's opening
Try to upgrade again. I uploaded a version late tuesday night that had a bad path in the .desktop file. I fixed it Wednesday morning with a new version, and you may not have the catalog updated yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by CasTTeLLo View Post
i cant update via app mang coz conflict with the new firmw updater...i'm still with pr 1.2... so how?? need pr 1.2 ver...thanks
I have upgraded my qt creator and it is putting a dependency on Qt 4.7 in the control file. It should work with 4.6, but the packaging won't let it now. I am not going to repackage for backwards compatibility (I am not even sure how to make it downgrade the QT dependency, let alone how to do it so it will work for 1.3 users with no problems).

You can download the .deb, crack it open, and install the files manually. An easier method would be to upgrade to 1.3. It really does fix a bunch of bugs--one in particular that was plauging the login page on this app.

Last edited by rmerren; 2010-11-03 at 05:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
if only this was a widget where i can update my status from my desktop....
but great app man.
this app is brilliant!!! but deffinatly needs to be a widget! is there any chance??? cheers snake

I just posted an update...should show up in the repo soon. I fixed the problem with international characters (accented, umlauted, tildefied, etc.) disappearing.

For those that are actually interested in the technical parts (and in case someone searches for this very problem) here are the details:

the facebook graph api allows you to submit status updates (or other feed info) as post data in an HTML request. I was submitting the raw request string, which works great for gringo-speak. But when people whose languages were not simplified by the rough journey across the atlantic ocean tried to use characters with accent marks, these marks would disappear.

The solution was to "percent encode" the string before placing it in the post data. This was done in Qt with the following:
Code:
QString encodedStatus(QUrl::toPercentEncoding(status,"",""));
Where status is the plaintext and the resulting encodedStatus is the encoded value to include in the post data.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by rmerren View Post
I just posted an update...should show up in the repo soon. I fixed the problem with international characters (accented, umlauted, tildefied, etc.) disappearing.

For those that are actually interested in the technical parts (and in case someone searches for this very problem) here are the details:

the facebook graph api allows you to submit status updates (or other feed info) as post data in an HTML request. I was submitting the raw request string, which works great for gringo-speak. But when people whose languages were not simplified by the rough journey across the atlantic ocean tried to use characters with accent marks, these marks would disappear.

The solution was to "percent encode" the string before placing it in the post data. This was done in Qt with the following:
Code:
QString encodedStatus(QUrl::toPercentEncoding(status,"",""));
Where status is the plaintext and the resulting encodedStatus is the encoded value to include in the post data.
Thanks - not just for the update (those enhancements are good, but not used by me), but also for the code pro-tip.
I used to URL encode and then pull out the relevant parameters. Your method is more elegant.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Thanks - not just for the update (those enhancements are good, but not used by me), but also for the code pro-tip.
I used to URL encode and then pull out the relevant parameters. Your method is more elegant.
I am a very elegant man.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
the fastest way i know to update youe fb satus.
it would be faster with a widget

Is it possible to have "via effing N900" under wall posts? Does this app already do that?