I bricked my device recently and have just finished getting it back to the way it was but I've just noticed that when the backup application was restoring all my apps I must have had extras devel enabled as all the apps with versions in the devel repo have installed that version. The phone is now running fairly sluggishly and battery is draining very quickly, especially for a complete reflash done yesterday and I generally wait for new versions to get promoted to extras before updating. Is there a way of reverting all my apps to the versions in extras without uninstalling and reinstalling everything as I have about 200 apps installed and this would be very annoying. Thanks

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
you should have made a backup without application list it looks like there is no other way , 200 apps? lol do you use them?

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Probably about a quarter of them lol, but I've never had a problem with rootfs space so never been an issue. Damn that is a real balls ache, I assumed because you can auto update all apps to the devel version there would be a way of reversing it.

One quick bump before I reconfigure my phone for the fourth time in as many weeks. Anyone have any idea if it's possible?

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
i dont think theres a way to reverse all the applications. if you disable extras-dlevel and uninstall apps it would process much faster than with dlevel enabled

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
You could manually uninstall and reinstall with devel off (even using the already made back-up). Honestly, I wouldn't have over a hundred apps you don't use regularly. But that's up to you.

I am pretty sure there's some way to use apt-get to downgrade. I just don't know what it is.

Sack it, reflash it is. Cheers for the advice anyway.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Is there a way of reverting all my apps to the versions in extras without uninstalling and reinstalling everything as I have about 200 apps installed and this would be very annoying.
If you uninstall and reinstall all your applications using HAM, you'll still have on your phone any underlying dependencies that may have been pulled in from Extras-devel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
If you uninstall and reinstall all your applications using HAM, you'll still have on your phone any underlying dependencies that may have been pulled in from Extras-devel.
Cheers mate, I've reflashed now. I only flashed the rootfs and not the emmc though, will this of definitely got rid of any dependencies or is it possible something has embedded itself somewhere in the emmc?