Notices

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
the current fmrds notify won't start from add widget, but rather than downgrade if you type
fmrdsnotify &
in xterm it'll load up where you left it.
this is already working for me.

and i read al about de super widget, can't wait when it's finized/usable.

Hi!
Where I can get a sources for this application?

apt-get source fmrdsnotify
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
E: Unable to find a source package for fmrdsnotify

This will be a good application when the initial teething problems have been sorted out.

I am running version 0.7.2 from extras-devel and while it is much better than the older version it is still buggy. Also, any settings I apply get wiped after a reboot, this is probably the most annoying thing at the moment.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
is FM RDS notification supposed to work with media player with shoutcast/similar streams with artist and title info? Yesterday I noticed %artist% and %title% appear on my car radio (instead of the normal Nokia RDS Linux) then for a while real information for these tags showed up, but disappeared quickly. I listen mostly web radio on my car stereo so this feature would be more than welcome

Great widget especially with FM range tuning:
http://www.maemonokian900.com/maemo-...07-9mhz-range/

The weird thing about this is that the "power" button doesn't always put the transmitter on with the first try. That should be more responsive. My solution now is to keep the old fm transmitter widget on the desktop for enabling/disabling it, and this software to tell me which song is playing..

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland, Vaasa
This aint fully working for me. Artist, song and music player info is working but sms and caller info isnt. any solution for those??

@mele i will look to web radio streaming, i think i did not use those tag as radio streaming did not publish like mp3 tags

The Following User Says Thank You to BabelO For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ West Yorks
Hmm. Bah humbug. Installed this yesterday, thought it was great.
But have an issue with the fm power.

When I cut the ignition in the car and then restart, the phone starts charging, and as we all know the fm power is reduced. I used to just kick off FM Boost to return the power level.
However, with this app installed, FM boost has stopped boosting the power.
Tried turning transmitter off and on again. No joy. The only way to get fm signal back again is to reboot the phone.

I've uninstalled fmrds and will try again on the way home to see if it's returned to normal.

Have also upgraded to pr1.3 this week, but I don't think that that was the issue.

Anyone else had this problem?

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ West Yorks
Hmm. Update. Uninstalled the fmrds app and rebooted phone.

Still won't boost power after charger plugged in. So maybe not fmrds app, but something to do with fm boost? or fmtx in general?

Hi everybody

I am trying to install FM RDS NOTIFY 0.8.2 on my N900 PR1.3 from Fremantle Extras-devel free armel repository and it tell me "impossible ton install"

I have tried manytimes, reboot my phone etc...

After downloading the deb file, i have tried to install it via X Terminal (sufo gainroot etc... dpkg -i ....)

And I could not install it too! It tell me qt4-homescreen-loader is not installed so i have downloaded it from maemo.org and tried to install it first and now, my n900 telle me "error processing qt4-homescreen-loader 4.7.0 git20101220-0maemo1_armel.deb", trying to overwrite usr/lib/hildon-desktop/loaders/libqtpluginloader.so, which is also in qt4-mamemo5-homescreen-loader

Need help!

I don't understand why FmRdsNotify tell me (via Terminal) qt4 homescreen loader is not installed, and when i try to install it, my N900 say qt4-mamemo5 homescreen loader is still here!

Why FmRdsNotify can not see qt4-maemo5-homescreenloader???

Thanks