Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
The only seemingly real leak I ran into so far, based on what I know, apparently doesn't render Google Streetview. However, I will also say that said leaked version reports itself as slightly different than the one from TI. So I would love to hear about this. You can always see if you can get Stskeeps to answer you through PM. *Shrug*

Am I totally reading things wrong?

I just downloaded Fennec 4 beta 3 and when I do about: plugins, it says that it has Adobe flash 10.1 r53

Now, granted anything that actually uses flash crashes the tab, but this is promising? I am hesitant to look at this too positively as to not be too disappointed.

I see no chatter on Fennec beta 3? Am I totally off base?

that'd be odd as the browser and flash player are pretty separate entities, fingers (and toes) crossed though...

Originally Posted by danielz000 View Post
that'd be odd as the browser and flash player are pretty separate entities, fingers (and toes) crossed though...
Still have not gotten anything with flash to work on b3 but I am reservedly optimistic. It would be a cruel joke if Mozilla made a typo. Are you seeing 10.1 on your browser?

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
Am I totally reading things wrong?

I just downloaded Fennec 4 beta 3 and when I do about: plugins, it says that it has Adobe flash 10.1 r53

Now, granted anything that actually uses flash crashes the tab, but this is promising? I am hesitant to look at this too positively as to not be too disappointed.

I see no chatter on Fennec beta 3? Am I totally off base?
Tweak Flash?

Originally Posted by DrWilken View Post
Tweak Flash?
I knew there had to be user error. I kept thinking that Tweak Flash was something in the browser so didn't think it affected Fennec. Darn.

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
I knew there had to be user error. I kept thinking that Tweak Flash was something in the browser so didn't think it affected Fennec. Darn.
It replaces a string in the Flash plugin file to make it look like it's v10.X (AFAIK)...

Apparently Fennec also uses this plugin.

The Following User Says Thank You to DrWilken For This Useful Post:
I tested some true Flash 10.1 content with TFV yesterday...

As expected, it doesn't work...

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Might I ask for a link to this true Flash 10.1 content? So that people who are, for some reason *hint-hint* unsure about their Flash plugin version can test?

Seriously, while I make no official statement about using leaked possibly-higher-version flash plugins, or my endorsement or use thereof, for those who do test these things, it's useful to be able to verify for sure that their plugin can run the right content before getting excited and possibly leaking it further.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Might I ask for a link to this true Flash 10.1 content? So that people who are, for some reason *hint-hint* unsure about their Flash plugin version can test?

Seriously, while I make no official statement about using leaked possibly-higher-version flash plugins, or my endorsement or use thereof, for those who do test these things, it's useful to be able to verify for sure that their plugin can run the right content before getting excited and possibly leaking it further.
ByteArray Access to NetStream in Flash Player 10.1:
http://www.bytearray.org/?p=1689

If you need an FLV file to test with right click save as here

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SD. For This Useful Post:

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update