Originally Posted by cstryon View Post
I appreciate that Beta 2 is nice, but this is about it NOT being released for OS2008, or the n8x0s.
@Roth, Raven, Cincibluer6, Mobiledivide: Have you all installed firefox 4 on an n800 or n810 running OS2008? If so, how? If not, then this is not the place to discuss how well it's working on your device, this thread is about getting it to work/why is it not being released for OS2008.
I agree with cstryon. Are you guys using FF on N8x0 devices?
  • If so, please let us know how you installed it.
  • If not, please note that you are posting in the wrong forum.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hordeman For This Useful Post:
I agree, incorrectly posting this on a Diablo thread is giving false hope for Firefox on my N800....

Last edited by migs; 2010-11-05 at 19:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to migs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 79 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Pandora
does this have portrait Keyboard?

Originally Posted by xtreemneo View Post
does this have portrait Keyboard?
We don't know since we can't get it to run.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
I have tryed building it today, beta2 first and then beta1. It is impossible, the build fails when compiling javascript with a bunch of stupid compiler related errors. To build it, a more recent compiler would be needed, and I think it isn't worth the effort, at least for me, since we already have opera

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maacruz For This Useful Post:
Thanks for trying maacruz! Is there a thread talking about opera on n8x0's with tips and tricks and such? It's a good browser but I feel like it's not as good as everyone says, so I must have messed something up.

Is Mozilla just ditching the n8x0's than, or is the previous version of fennec still getting updates? I haven't had it installed for a while, it just seems like it's nothing like it should be. Tear and Opera have been my primary browsers. If fennec is not going to be upgraded for Diablo anymore, I'll just forget all about it. :/

From what I understand, Firefox for n8x0 is not being updated anymore although 1.1 still exists.

I wonder if the devs can give a hand? They said there was just one bug holding them back, and I don't think it had to do with the compiler. :S

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
Too bad they won't update opera. It's been forever since it's update, and I have quite a few bugs for it to be fixed...
Pressing Back switches to the first tab (GRR!)
crashes and reboots
locking up the tablet quite often
http://youtube.com/mgamerz