Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
On 7 November 2010 08:18, NeoPwn <info@neopwn.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm sorry but it's unavailable indefinitely.
>
> Regards,
>
> Neopwn
>
> On 11/06/2010 12:34 PM, Kieron wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I am writing to you to ask where I can aquire NeoPwnv2. This is the
>> only method of contact I could find, so I do apologise if I've gone
>> about this incorrectly.
>>
>> Regards
>

I have sourced the image elsewhere and intend on providing a link (or similar) soon.

Last edited by Kieron; 2010-11-07 at 17:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kieron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Just be careful - NeoPwn's project head has been hostile towards leaks before. (Meanwhile, for me the NeoPwn site is down. I'm hoping it's not from a bunch of you people flooding them with hatemail. That's the one thing that's not good for any possible positive future developments from their end.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
hey!....i don't understand why the package won't be like a patch for maemo kernel (witch adds injection capability), so we won't need a card to boot from...

Originally Posted by crash16 View Post
hey!....i don't understand why the package won't be like a patch for maemo kernel (witch adds injection capability), so we won't need a card to boot from...
because neopwn didn't release the source code for the modified wlan driver .

The Following User Says Thank You to ivyking For This Useful Post:
Well, if the site stays down and we get nothing but evasive silence, it might just be time to learn how to use some disassembler/decompiler and work from there....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
I'm hoping he comes forward and releases a source, I think we should give him a chance, I'm sure he's watching this thread, or at least checking it every now and again. I just hope he doesn't disappear, let the project die, keep the source closed, and be a bastard!

Such a shame!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kieron For This Useful Post:
Agreed. I do think that somewhere in there he still wants to finish this project and release it to the masses. Honestly, I largely blame the initial *****ing for what happened. Yes he should have been more open with the project and yes he could have been less trying-to-do-project-on-his-own, but at least he actually came forth and explained that he had been delayed, and so on. He allowed himself to be a bit hostile in the whole "no one donated/supported" statements, but oh well. That's understandable.

But the massive ***** fest that ensued was pathetically unjustified. It really did come off as a largely 'you owe us this, and you owe it to us now' thing. And it doesn't f'ing matter how partially right they were in some of their claims, such as NeoPwn's lack of communication/collaboration with the community. At the end of the day the vitriolic *****ing being what it was definitely didn't contribute towards developing any sort of desire in him to develop the project further, etc.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ planet earth i guess
hi

i must say - this neopwn wifi driver is just amazing - with aircrack it really works - my test wep wifi net was cracked within minutes.

it uses power-kernel - and one can use stock aircrack and unload power-kernel wifi stack and load neopwn wifi stack. voila - no dualboot or chroot needed.

sad that one needs to go via google to find the drivers. neopwn team should not be that greedy. its not an iphone community - its maemo.

ciao

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to -miniME- For This Useful Post:
lollergag. I see people who don't have access to it, complaining that they can't get access.

However, I also see some very legitimate concerns about licensing and legality that DO need to be answered and WILL be answered sooner or later.

Please keep in mind, that NeoPwn was never actually SOLD, what you gave was a donation, and that the code, binaries or packages are not being publicly distributed.

Continue bashing now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
lollergag. I see people who don't have access to it, complaining that they can't get access.
I don't know of anyone who doesn't know how to get access to the leaked versions. I'm sure there are people, who miss the links being posted before they are deleted, but there's PMs for that.

However, I also see some very legitimate concerns about licensing and legality that DO need to be answered and WILL be answered sooner or later.
Well, the thing is unless someone bothers to bring a legal challenge against NeoPwnv2 as a violation of the GPL, I don't see the questions being answered. I think he's made himself a lot of room to maneuver. The release is "postponed indefinitely", which can still be re-explained as "there's unresolved problems", no one bought anything, like you said (though him using "beta proceeds" in saying that the donation total doesn't reflect beta proceeds, combined with him having a "store" and a set donate amount to get access to the beta, frankly, is pretty damn similar in function to "buying" that a good enough lawyer in a reasonable enough court should be able to easily win that argument).

But my concern with these legal issues getting answered is that the only angle of attack is arguing that no matter what you call it, it was basically a "purchase" of access to the beta. And unless someone's willing to take that to court, gets a lawyer who feels they can win from that angle, and finds a court that will take the case on those grounds, it's a bit iffy as to whether or not the legal questions regarding licensing/legality will ever get answered.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: