i will definitely stick with my n900 until n9 hits a reasonable price. say 6-8 months after launch day. i believe my n900 will be by my side at least this time next year

Even with the release of the N9 I'll keep the N900. Soon, NITDroid will be done and we'll have Android 2.2, and MeeGo will be nicely ported in the next few months once there's a real release available.

The only thing I'm worried about is capacitive displays. With so many applications taking advantage of multitage, we may and are already losing some compatibility with Android and MeeGo. I prefer resistive, but if MeeGo is gesture-centric, we could be in trouble. I installed release 1.1 the other day and it seems like it's coming along pretty well, I wouldn't call it 1.1 though, more like .7 or .8

The N8 is sleek but Symbian 3 is a downgrade from Meamo 5. No interest in the E7 or any of those other new Symbian devices. N9 is appearently nice, but knowing Nokia, it'll probably have around an 800Mhz processor and 256MB of RAM. Overclock the N900 to 1Ghz, and I'm good to go on hardware.

Originally Posted by hurth3x View Post
who will stick to the N900 when or if the N9 comes out?
Depends entirely on the specs of the N9, and of the OS it runs. If it is better than the N900, then, perhaps, we'll replace ours (we use the N900 as company phones/PDAs). When we get a good deal on them.

But if the N9 doesn't cut it ... well. Might buy a few more reserve N900s at that time!

I'm still worried about MeeGo; I fear they'll ditch the excellent notification system on Maemo, that the resistive screen'll go, or that they'll do something else fashionable but bloody impractical.

Time will tell.

I have an N8 as well as my N900 and after a fortnight still can't decide which device my main SiM should go in. I can print high quality photos from my N8. I can (easily) stick photos for work on a flash drive rather than email them.

I detest the way Symbian handles connections though and why do I keep tapping a blurred section when I want to multitask ? I miss the hardwarwe keyboard and Skype. I really miss Mcro B, the N8's browser is currently no better than an N97's. Notifications need a widget rather than have a double square that glows in the top right and a blue flash from the LED. The capacitive screen is much more innacurate but as sensitive as the N900 resistive. It has only 16 Gig of eMMC memory on board (boo !). I have to 'sign' .sis files to get them to install and run, they can't be shared either like a .deb

Pluses for the N8 are the HDMI socket, the impressive camera (yes it is really good) USB on the go and er... thats it. Symbian 3 is a vast improvement on S60 v5 but it aint Fremantle. I know now why my N900 felt special when I first got it. It is a unique and quirky device we shall never see the likes of again.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
i love my n900. it cost me usd600 so why would i replace it besides, my bros has an iphone and android and mine is the best

i'll stick with n900 for a while. i'll go for meego if it's the same experience as with maemo. my second choice for os is either android or windows but too bad i hate snapdragon while hummingbird is great, i prefer htc over samsung.

there's no clear info as what will the n9's os will be but i hope it's meego with a good processor. i hope the hinge slide mechanism is like the n900 and not the n97. i barely used that form on my htc kaiser...

right now, no phone meets my criteria just yet so i'll wait till that day and stick to my n900 for a while...

I'm sticking with mine until I can afford to replace it. It's gonna be a while.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
ok group hug time

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Australia
I'm on N900 no. 2. Briefly went back to my trusty N95 (no. 2) after bricking N900 no.1....! Fraid not! Pre touch Symbian was good for apps & phone stuff but has nothing on Maemo regards UI and intergration. My first N900 is off for warranty repair and will remain my backup machine. Meego...who knows? Perhaps i'll try but I think its a real shame Maemo wont get the chance to develop beyond 6...it has all the makings of a great OS.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by BongC36 View Post
I had an N8 for evaluation and I used it for a few days. I found the N900 superior in all aspects (except for that gorgeous 12MP camera) so the N8 is back in the box and the N900 is back at work in my pocket
i dont have an N8 but i do have a captivate.....it was placed back in the box after 24hrs of use, and saying to myself.....why did i even bother taking it out of there?

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;