Active Topics

I wonder if the HW keyboard will be available in different languages. In the specs, it shows that it will be available under some languages, but I'm not sure if it refers to the fact that pressing a key will print a different character or if it means that the keys are physically labelled with different letters.

Also, I'm Spanish but don't really understand why Spanish and Portuguese are grouped as a language, as we don't share the same symbols: Spanish: ñ ', Portuguese: ^ ç '

What do you think, non-English speakers?

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland

A picture I found from a Finnish blog, this keyboard has Ä Ö and Å.

Good news!! Well spotted!

The bad this about this is you will have problem with getting cheaper units from the US or anywhere else :/

You are you going to be able to buy the different keyboard as spare parts like from Dell ?

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
There will be multiple different regional variants for the keyboards. You can also switch in the SW to a different layout. For instance I'm using my N810 with English keyboard printings in Finnish SW mode, so that äöå are available. Yes, the printings are wrong, but you can of course learn the positions, after some trial and error

I really wonder what French layout will be. I was disappointed by thumb keyboard on the 770, since accentuated letters that were directly available were not very useful (ù instead of é and ' for instance).

I created a bug on Maemo but I don't think it has been resolved.

I hope it will be well-designed on N810.