Originally Posted by hassan_badredin View Post
i tried both options
PR 1.3
sound dissapears completely sometimes
cant hear calls
cant play music says media format not supported
i must do sh restoredefaults.sh and reboot very often but still doesnt save
HELP!
I had the same problem just a few minutes ago ( I realized that an hour ago), I do not know what cause the problem, but the solution for me was to shutdown the phone - PLEASE NOTE reboot not solving anything - SHUTDOWN and wait 5 or more minutes (or shutdown and remove the battery for a minute). The Power on the phone and everything was working!!!
I just prepared myself to re-flash because I was not able to receive calls or listen music or hear the sound of movies.
Actually starting the puleseaudio manually solved the problem temporary , but after reboot or quick shutdown/poweron pulseaudio was not started automatically!
I'm with kernel power v.44 if that matter

Sorry guys: Please some moderator to fix this... - I did not start new topic .(61)? I just answered to someone..
Oh, Someone changed the topic title :PPP

Last edited by mveplus; 2010-11-11 at 11:04. Reason: What is going on? Please some moderator to fix this... - I did not start new topic .(61)?

I'm truly sorry to hear bout your problem guys. It's strange because all I did was change dB gain values and disable most of capture volume to be safe. Which doesn't mess with the pulse audio daemon at all. For this reason I don't think it's related to the patches, (which has been removed for three days now) here's why I say this.

@hassan_badredin
cant play music says media format not supported
This isn't related to pulse audio at all...you should try to install/reinstall "extra codecs support" to fix that problem.

sound dissapears completely sometimes
This is strange because when pulseaudio stops, it stops. There is no restarting unless you do it manually with the "start pulseaudio" command.

cant hear calls
Try typing in "start pulseaudio" in xterminal an tell me if that fixes your problem.

@mveplus
You problem is even stranger for me. From what you describe, your sound stops working because the pulseaudio daemon has stopped functioning at some random point in time. If the problem was due to my patches, you would notice it in the first few secs after applying the patch.

I could make a script that runs the "start pulseaudio" command at startup. But you should try this first, simply type "stop pulseaudio" in terminal wait a few secs and then try typing "start pulseaudio" and tell me if it solves your problem on restart.

You guys should take a look at this thread

I also have a new script that significantly improves battery life, by removing yet another useless function that nokia had neglected to remove when they stripped down pulse audio.

I would upload it tommorow, but if problems like these continue. I may simply have to give up on this :/... I haven't contact the headphone daemon guy as I yet been too busy with other things.

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-11-12 at 05:47.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
I also have a new script that significantly improves battery life, by removing yet another useless function that nokia had neglected to remove when they stripped down pulse audio.

I would upload it tommorow, but if problems like these continue. I may simply have to give up on this :/... I haven't contact the headphone daemon guy as I yet been too busy with other things.
id be sad if you stopped. ive enjoyed your scripts and they have worked very well for me. i hope you keep up the good work!

Absolutely please keep up the good work,you have made definite improvements to the sound quality DON'T STOP NOW!
Mart5.1

I used the first script and there was a great improvement on battery for like the first 2 days, then all of a sudden its now draining quicker then the battery originally did?

The Following User Says Thank You to pharaoh92 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pharaoh92 View Post
I used the first script and there was a great improvement on battery for like the first 2 days, then all of a sudden its now draining quicker then the battery originally did?
Did you install anything new within those first two days? Or did you begin to let heavier tasks start running in the background? How much more worst did your battery drain become?

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-11-12 at 19:12.

Just uploaded the upate...check first post
For this update I made little changes to Option_1.

If you want to get the battery life I was talking about use Option_2.

I was able to browse net and listen mp3 for 30 mins with a 5% battery lose. Watch 10min video with 2% battery lose, etc. Using Option 2 so plz try it out and hammer away at that battery.

You can look at battery percentage decrease using desktop execution widget.

And Please remember I need feed backs.

I also sent the my idea to fix the alsamixer -c0 problem. Which goes basically like this:

Execute this command everytime headset is plugged in or when ever something causes it to reset to 88%:

amixer set Headphone 100%

For the next upate I would try to make capture volume reset to 0% on startup.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
Did you install anything new within those first two days? Or did you begin to let heavier tasks start running in the background? How much more worst did your battery drain become?
Nope installed nothing new, just used my phone at school like normal going on the internet now and again, texting and ringing throughout the day, usually battery lasts about 50%.. After using option 1 it lasted much longer it seemed, then yesterday the battery died by the time school finished.

The Following User Says Thank You to pharaoh92 For This Useful Post: